Chapter 9: Bright Blue Eyes

NOTICE: SORRY!!!! I KNOW, I KNOW! YELL AT MEL I HAVN'T UPDATES IN WAY TO LONG! GRRRRR, TSK, TSK! ANYWAY BEFORE YOU GO TO READ CHAPTER 9: BRIGHT BLUE EYES, I SUGGEST THAT YOU HEAD OVER AND RE-READ CHAPTER 8 BECAUSE I HAVE ADDED A WHOLE BUNCH OF INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL FIND USEFUL SOOOOO YEAH THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT! ENJOYJ

*********

RECAP:

I smiled once more before closing my eyes, and once again feeling the familiar breeze form around me, and before I knew it I was back at school sitting at my desk thinking about the events that today in my beautiful strange other world brought.

Chapter 9: Bright Blue Eyes

I practically ran out of the classroom as the obnoxious bell rang, signaling that it was lunchtime. I was now one step closer to the end of this terribly long day. The only thing that actually made me want to go home today was the fact that I wouldn't actually be going HOME. I would be on my way to Forks, Washington.

My mind was racing at a hundred miles an hour as I quickly walked towards the noisy cafeteria. As part of my usual routine, I zipped up my navy blue sweatshirt as high as it could go and tried my best to blend in with the huge sophomore crowd.

I weaved my way through tables of different cliques; smart kids, jocks, cheerleaders, band and chorus, and then my group, the random's. It's an odd way to label us as but it's true. We like to call ourselves that because we all are so different, but we just clique.

There are four of us; Becca, Claire, Dylan, and me Jessica. Not many, but we make it work. We have been friends since diaper days and I don't think that I trust anyone more than I trust them, not even my family.

My family, I sighed to myself. We used to be a picture perfect movie-like family. My mom was a stay at home parent and watched my brother and I, and my dad worked at an office.

I remember how he used to walk through the front door at exactly five thirty with a huge grin spread across his pleasant face. I still giggle now, as he would quietly walk behind me as I was coloring, and tickle me until I couldn't breath anymore.

He would pick me up and throw me over his strong shoulder as he walked towards the kitchen with me still flung over his shoulder, and towards where mom stood smiling at us. He would give her a quick peck on the lips, but it showed just how much he loved her.

My brother would waltz in the room, his brown hair as dark and rich as a chocolate candy bar. My dad would put me down and have his daily wrestle with him until mom broke them up saying that it was time for dinner.

I remember, how could I not? It was past, my reality.

I was snapped out of my day dreaming by my best friend Dylan. Even though all of my friends and I are very close, Dylan and I have a very special relationship. She understands me in way's Becca and Claire don't.

"Jess are you ok?" Dylan's piercing green eyes popped in front of my face with a start.

"What?" I asked a little confused at what was going on. Ever since I started traveling to the Cullen's with my mind, I have been able to zone out completely. It's like I'm in a sound proof box or something.

I watched as Dylan rolled her eyes at me, "Gosh Jess can you be anymore out of it?" she asked as she popped in a piece of her apple into her mouth.

"You have no idea." I mumbled before pulling out the wooden chair from the table and plopping down into it with a 'thump'

"You look like you just ran a marathon or something." Claire commented and scrunched up her nose

I laughed, "Yeah right! Like I could do that!" I answered her with a playful snort.

"Hey guys, I almost forgot! Luke texted me last night and invited us to a huge party that he's having tonight! You all up for it?" Becca asked with a glint of hope in her hazel eyes

Everyone nodded excitedly accept for me. I couldn't. I promised the Cullen's to do more explaining. Plus... Seth will be waiting for me. Although I do trust my friends with practically everything that goes on in my life, I haven't told them about my OTHER life.

It makes me sound like such a terrible friend for doing that, and I HATE myself for it. But I just can't get myself to allow anyone else into...that. I value the opportunity of doing this, but I would never wish it on anyone else, especially not my friends. I love them too much.

"Come on Jessica! You have blown us off for the last three Friday's in a row! Please just come with us this once, please. I promise you that nothing will happen_" Becca rambled, but I cut her off

"It's not that. My mom wants me to stay home this Friday." I explained to my three friends. They were my life line, and I was lying to them. I was risking my life line.

Becca huffed in frustration, "Fine. We won't go. Maybe Luke will have another party soon that we can all make it to." She finished her sentence with a small smile

I was shaking my head before she could finish, "Forget it. You all are going, and you'll have a great time." I told her

I knew Becca, and she wanted to go that party.

"No." Dylan said from next to me, her voice hard and sturdy

I sighed and glanced towards her. She had that look on her face that was determined to know what really was going on with me today. The scary part was that when Dylan wanted to find something out, she would go to extreme measures to.

"Dylan_" She stopped me before I had a chance to start.

"Forget it Jess. I'm not going without you. You guys can go if you want though." She gestured towards Claire and Becca.

Claire breathed out a long deep breath, "There will be other party's." She promised running a hand through her straight brown hair

'Are you sure Clai?" I questioned her softly

She shrugged, "I'm a random. I'm random. Remember?" she grinned a sheepish grin. I loved Claire; she was like my little sister, so sweet and fragile.

"Becca?" Dylan asked her lips twitching upwards in anticipation

Becca looked down towards her untouched sandwich, "Would you be mad if I did go?" Becca' voice was so quiet I had to lean in towards her even though she was sitting next to me.

I smiled, "I would be mad if you didn't!" I gave her a playful nudge and she gave me one back

From the corner of my eye I caught a pair of eyes starring at me. I didn't see the person's face clearly until I turned a bit more. I was surprised as my eyes locked with bright blue ones, Luke's.