Chapter 17

*Nine years ago*

*No One's POV*

"Haha come on my dad's house is just around the corner." Yelled a small 8 year old boy with a fair color of skin tone, large brown eyes and short brown hair, as he ran through a small village.

"Wait Ikram! We shouldn't be here, it's midnight, and we didn't even bring our diro wolves! Please let's just go back to the castle and then we could visit your father tomorrow morning!" Yelled a small 10 year old girl with tan skin, blue eyes and short wavy brown hair that ended at her shoulders. "Please just listen to me for once! We're gonna get in trouble."

He turned around and held onto the small girl's hand. "Would you stop worrying Kairav, your my cousin not my big sister, *sigh* trust me everything will be alrigh-"

Ikram went quiet as screaming was heard from the village. Men with weapons were running out of the village, some were dragging around unconscious men, women or children. The two of them froze as a large group of men surrounded the two.

"Well look what we have here boys, looks like we have 2 more slaves to sell." Said a large man as he approached Kairav and Ikram.

"G-get away from us or else I-I will hurt you!" Kairav threatened them as she got into a fighting stance.

"Oh please, we've dealt with Fanalis before, do you really think that we don't know how to handle a small lupercos like you?" Said the man as both him and the group closed in on Kairav and Ikram.

"Ikram run and find help!" Kairav yelled as she picked of the boy and threw him out of the circle around them grew smaller. She kept herself focused on the group of men growling and eyeing them down.

"Look here boys, this little one has a temper." Said one of the men.

"Leave me alone." Kairav yelled as she lunged her small body towards a few men, attempting to hit them with a strong kick. Although she was able to injure a few men, one of them came behind Kairav with a sword, cutting through her clothes and deep into her back.

"AARGGG" Her small body collapsed on the ground as she curled up into a small ball, blood flowing from her back, staining her clothes and creating a small red puddle. The men laughed as she struggled to get up.

"Hey guys, I caught the other little brat who tried to run away. Be careful though, it looks like he's a fighter." another man said sarcastically as he threw Ikram back into the circle.

"L-Let us go do you shortsighted slave traders know who we are! We happen to be part of the royal family of this kingdom!" Ikram yelled as he tried to fight back, but was struck down by one of the men's swords.

"Oh my forgive us your excellency." The man said. "Look kid, frankly we couldn't care less, because to us you all just look like filthy cattle." Said other man as both him and other slave traders began to laugh as they stomped on Ikram's small body.

"N-No Ikram." Kairav cried out as she crawled towards him. However with every passing second, it became harder for her to move. Her limbs felt heavier, her vision became blurry, she watched as the men tied up her cousin. "W-why can't I move?"

"Simple, you can't move because of the sword cut into your back. You see our swords are coated with a special kind of poison that is used to take down fanalis."

Her eyes widened, she looked towards Ikram as he was being dragged away. "I-Ikram." She said weakly before passing out.

When Kairav became conscious she then realized that the men took her into a ship, and chained her alone to the walls of a dark cold room which was mostly likely to be a room located in the ship's hull. But the room had a unique ability that was able to capture the sounds of her crying and screaming. She tried to call for help but she continuously was given 'special' treatment by two of the slave traders, there were even a few moments when she would try to fight back and break herself free but ended up receiving even more special treatment. For about an hour they punished her, she endured beatings and getting whipped to entertain the men.