Back to Chicago

"This is fragging weird !" I heard Crosshairs huff through my car's radio. He was able, as well as the other Autobots to crack my pick up communication system.
"You know what is even weirder ?!" I asked, starting to get annoyed. It was the fith time he had repeated the same sentence.
To be exact, since the Autobots loaded their sparks onto their holoforms, which happened like an hour before.
Optimus was driving and stood silent, only smiling from time to time when I snapped at Crosshairs.
"You fragging fleshy ! This was your fragging idea !" Mr Cinic snapped.
"You're complaining like a pussy tin can !" I snapped back, earning a glare from Optimus, I guess not really happy about hearing me saing not so polite words.
"Damn you ! If it wasn't for Prime I would have already splattered under my pede !" Crosshairs shouted so loud making both me and Optimus cringe.
"Stop it ! You two !" He ordered. Meh ! We annoyed him. Not really a wise choice.
Crosshairs fell silent, but not before huffing loudly.
I brought my knees to my chest as the pick up rolled on the highway.
We were three days away from Chicago, and I feared something horrible would happen when we will infiltrate.
I feared the humans would found about the Autobots secret and the hunt them down.
I feared losing Optimus.
I feared everything would go wrong.
"Do you want to talk about it ? I know something is bothering you" he said suddenly.
"I'm scared..." I sighed. I certainly couldn't hide him anything. He was a good observer.
"About what is going to happen ?" He asked.
"Yes...what if they discover you are technorganic now ? What if they hunt you down ? What if they kill you ?" I fell silent for a second "what if I lose you Optimus ? I couldn't bare it" I almost whispered my last sentence. His eyes widened a little, he wasn't expecting me to say that.
He reached out for my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.
"It will not happen, I promise" he whispered softly and I clutched to that hope with all myself, If I'd lose him, my heart would have cracked in sards.
I rested my head between his chest and his shoulder.
I could hear his sparkbeat from there. It was so calm and soothing, almost like a spell.
We didn't speak for a long time.
We didn't really need to.
"Optimus, should we stop for the night ? It is getting darker" the sudden sound of Drift voice made me jump slightly.
"Yes, exit the highway, we will meet to the first motel we find" after hearing Optimus answer his soldier, I fell asleep.

The day after we were back on the road. I was driving, while playing a mind game with Drift, Hound and Optimus.
"I have one !" I cheered "you go to live in a city. In this city there are only two hairdressers, which cut everyone's hair. One of them has frizzy and uneaven hair, while the other has really good kempt hair. Which one should you get your hair cut by ?" I grinned while waiting for an answer.
"The one with good hair ?" Hound tried to answer.
"Wrong !" I chuckled.
"Why is it the other one ?" Drift asked out of curiosity.
"Chiara said only two hairdresser work in the city and they cut everyone's hair, which means their own too. But obviously they cannot cut their hair themselves, so they cut each other's hair. The man with uneaven hair cut the other's hair" Optimus explained. As I thought, he had already guessed the answer before Hound and Drift had taken their chance.
"Hear this: 10 fishes are in a tank, two of them drown, four of them swim away, three die, how many fishes are left ?" Drift said. I thought for a second and then facepalmed, so stupid !
I heard Optimus chuckle at my reaction, while Hound tried with a 'one' for answer.
"You are left with seven fishes. Fishes cannot drown 'cause they live underwater, and they can't escape as they are in a tank. So only three of them really died" I said smirking.
"There is no fun playing with you and Optimus, fle-Chiara !" Hound comlained. He corrected himself on my name and I laughed.
I knew exactly why. Optimus told him off yesterday about calling me fleshy, though it didn't really bother me. On the ohter hand it was adorable seeing him take my defenses.
But as I proceeded down the road, every mile seemed to weight down on me.
I was running towards a possible death and I was escorting my friends with me.
Eventually we reached Chicago.
The city was as busy as I remembered it, aside from the fact that some buildings were still under repair.
The Autobots hid their veihicles and I drove them to an abbandoned church like building. I knew no one usually stayed around there, it was the perfect place.
"From now on, we start prepearing the infiltration. Chiara and Hound will go find any items that could be useful. Crosshairs, you will steal a drone from their hangar in the outskirts. Drift, you will help me create the virus" Optimus ordered.
"My pc is in the backpack" I said to him "let's go Hound" I then waved my hand a little towards the others and left, followed by the soldier.
I paced confidently and quickly along the street. I had to go find my old friend. He owed me a favor and I could use it at that point.
"Where are we going ? Isn't the commercial street the other way ?" Hound asked confused.
"I'm going to find my friend. He owes me a favor and we could ask for his help" I answered and dove into a series of small alleys.
I stopped in front of a green door and rang the bell.
"Here we are" I muttered.
Soon enough a man with bright red hair and shiny blue eyes opened the door. He was wearing a bordeaux sweather, along with a pair of black jeans and shoes.
"Oh boy ! Is that really you Chiara ?!" He exclaimed, as his eyes lit up.
"Mirage ! Long time no see !" I hugged him tightly. I've known Mirage since after the battle of Chicago. He helped me a lot after I lost my home.
"Mirage ?!" Hound snapped, his jaw had dropped.
"Hound !" Mirage released me and neared the soldier.
"You two know each other ?" I asked in confusion.
"Mirage was an Autobot. He left after the battle of Chicago and we never heard of him again" Hound explained.
"Wait ! Hound !" Mirage protested.
"Don't worry kid ! She already knows who we are" the soldier gripped his shoulder.
"Yeah. Optimus happened to crush on my window about two weeks ago. I never knew you were an Autobot though" I said.
"Well I couldn't exactly tell you. I left the Autobots 'cause I was fed up with the war. Anyway, I expect you have come to ask a favor, am I correct ?" Mirage smirked after the last sentence.
"Oh you know me like the back of your hand !" I grinned "I wanted to ask you if you could help us gathering supplies. We're infiltrating into KSI headquarters" I whispered the last part, fearing someone could hear us.
"What ?! Are you crazy ?! It's like flirting with death ! They could get you and snap you to pieces !" Mirage's eyes widened.
"We know. But Baldy wants to create other puppets and he'll fail again against Megadumb's genes" Hound said seriously.
"We can't let that happen, he already has too much asskissers as much as I know" I added.
"Okay, I might help, maybe come say hi later too" Mirage went back into the appartament and moments after was out with his keys, closing the door.
We were able to get some chemicals, albs and other stuff like walkie taklies and miniature tansrecievers, hidden cameras and the list goes on.
"Oh hey ! We're back !" I shouted entering the abbandoned building.
"Hey there fleshy !" Mr Cinic greeted.
"I have already told you not to call her fleshy Crosshairs" Optimus said in an annoyed tone, as he sat in a corner with the computer on his lap.
"Yeah whatever !" Crosshairs answered huffing "it'n not like I'm killing your precious girlfriend" he smirked.
I smirked myself.
"Watch it tin can ! In this bag I have enough chemicals to kill you in at least five different ways !" I waved the bag in front of his face.
"And you are able to use them without getting yourself killed in the process ?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Oh you bet it !" I smiled darkly and went away.
While I layed all the bottles and the glassworks on an arranged desk. How I loved my job !
Before this whole alien mess even started I used to work in a laboratory and I had a thing for acids and poisonus things.
Crosshairs would have had to watch his rusty aft !
I unpacked differnt sized beakers and  flasks.
"What are you doing ?" Optimus was right behind me.
"I'm going to place poison traps around. I don't want any unwanted visitors" I looked at him, before grabbing some bottles with simbols on them.
He looked at me with a curious, yet stern expression.
"Oh don't worry ! I'm not killing anyone if that's what's worrying you ! I know how to handle this, it was my job besides" I said before he could ask anything and put on some gloves.
"Is that sulfuric acid ?" Optimus pointed towards an opened bottle with 'H2SO4' written on it.
"That is for my selfdefence equipment. I'm creating a high concentrated solution with sulforic acid and another one with hydroclhoric acid and put them into capsules, which I will throw to an eventual attacker" I expained.
Under his curious watch I started mixing distilled water with the powder Optimus had pointed seconds before.
"It is going to releas toxic vapors. Would you please open that window and maybe make that vent there work ?" I said stopping.
"Sure" he nodded and went towards the colored glass window, opening it. He tried to restart the vent but failed.
I looked through my supplies and mixed chemicals. Then I went towards Optimus and connected the wires of the vent, with my rudimental battery.
The vent started and he looked at me in awe.
I smiled, then kissed his forehead.
"You should stay off this area. It's not perfectly secured" I said, before heading back to my work.
I heard the other Autobots talk cheerfully with Mirage and I smiled.
I wished things could stay this way forever.
The day after we were going to inifiltrate and I could feel my nerves tense like violin cords.
Once I finished prepearing the chemicals, I took off my protection glasses and started putting away all my stuff, sighing from time to time.
I huffed when I saw the first holes in my black alb's right sleeve.
Damn sulforic acid ! Always the same story ! I cannot keep intact an alb even for a day !
I threw away my gloves and dragged myself towards the old couch in the middle of the building.
As I untied my short brown hair, I looked at Optimus. He was concentrated on the laptop, but I could guess that he was tired.
If I could I would stare at him forever. But obviously if I did such a thing I would have creeped him out.
I stood up and went towards him. I sat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.
He gently kissed the top of my head and went back to his work.
I felt like something between us was changing. Since we slept together, we weren't afraid to have fisical contacts like before.
We had lots of fisical contacts. Hugs, tiny kisses on the cheek or the forehead and other little things.
I didn't know if the others had noticed, but actually I didn't care at all.
I closed my eyes, rewinding all those little moments we had together and a smiled formed on my lips as my heart melted like ice cream in the sun.
I heard Optimus sigh and I snapped from my thoughs, glancing at him.
"Are you okay ?" I asked.
"Yes, I am just a little tired. Aside from that, I have finished the program" he smiled slightly.
"That's good news" I smiled too "may I sleep with you again...?" I asked esitantly, blushing a little.
"Yes you may" Optimus smiled a little brighter and gave me a sideways hug.