that day in the rain

I looked at the window. It was 2 am and I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. Something inside of me was driving me crazy. It was like a little voice telling me something unpleasant was going to happen.
The rain plicked on the glass, outside was storming as lightings struck the groung and cracked loud from time to time. They would light the sky as daylight and as quickly as they appeared, they would disappear into nothingness.
The window broke, making a loud crash against the silence of my house.
I jumped scared and surprised.
A guy, maybe in his twenties, was lying on the ground half concious. He had short dark blue hair, his royal blue eyes shone in the darkness like they had light themselves.
I could see his chest rising and falling at an irregular rate. He winced in pain and it was then that I noticed a pretty bad wound in his side.
I stared at it in shock as it dripped a neon blue liquid at a scarying speed.
I didn't have the time to bring myself to talk to him.
Two men irrupted through the window into my room. They were identical, red piercing eyes and purple jackets. They wore grey T-shirts and dark jeans along with black shoes.
One of the two men wielded a dagger, it was stained with the same neon substance that was dripping from the hurt man's wound. He was the one who had hurt him.
The other had a metallic stick in his hands about two meters long.
The duo didn't even pay attention to me as they paced to near the man on the floor.
I couldn't let them murder him.
I saw sorrow in his eyes. It was not simple fisical pain. It was something deeper, something that had hurt his soul.
I silently mooved from my bed, were I was sitting and grabbed a hold of my steel chair, which was in front of my desk. I slammed it hard on the neck of the man with the dagger, which to me seemed the most dangerous, and then hit his companion seconds after, before he could even notice.
The two attackers fell on the ground with a soft thud and I quickly moved away their weapons.
I then ran to the hurt man, who was slowly starting to slip unconscious and patted his right cheeck to grab his attention.
"Can you hear me ?" I said. He nodded weakly.
"Then don't faint please. I'm coming back soon" I dashed out of the room and grabbed towels and the first aid box from the bathroom.
When I got back I nearly had a heart attack. The guy wasn't moving anymore.
Then I noticed his chest rising and I sighed in relief.
I barely managed to move him onto my bed, geez ! He was so heavy !
Muttering all sorts of cursing words I could bring up to my mind, I slowly lifted his grey T-shirt after I had moved his red jacket off the way.
The wound was horrible. It looked like the man had had fun twisting his blade in it.
I repressed that immage in the back of my mind and I cursed again, I didn't have the slightest Idea of how to tend that damn stab wound.
Suddenly, the guy grabbed my wrist.
I repressed a scream and brought myself to look at him.
"Run...please...they will come after you...if you try to save me..." He whispered forcing his deep voice out, he looked so weak and broken.
"I can't let you die" I said seriously.
"They will...kill you..." He chocked and winced in pain.
"Just tell me how to tend your wound" I had made my decision when I hit those two men with my chair even though I didn't know the risks. Not that I am fully aware of them now he told me they would kill me. I didn't even know who the hell were those guys he was talking about !
"Just stitch it...like you would...with a normal wound..." The guy said and I ran to boil water to disinfect needles and thread.
When the time came i had managed to stop the bleeding some way.
My hands were shaking bad as I feared to hurt him even more.
He wasn't even under anestesia and I knew that he was going to feel even more pain than he was already baring.
I gulped and started stitching, I felt his body tense up as he winced, but I didn't stop.
When I finished he was shaking hard, trying not to scream in pain.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered and hung my head. I felt bad for paining him even more.
"It is not your fault..." He answered me before suddenly fainting.
I panicked.
"Hey ! Do you hear me ? Wake up ! Please !" I tried, uselessly. He probably had lost too much of that neon liquid, so I gave up and let him rest as I started pick the pieces of the broken window muttering insults against those two men.
I dragged the two unconscious attackers and quickly tied them with some random cord laying around, before locking them in the closet.
Then I closed the blinds so no one could figure the window was broken and abbandoned myself at the side of the bed.
I guarded the blue haired guy all night. For some reason I couldn't take my eyes off him. He looked so sad and vulnerable, I almost wanted to hug him amd comfort him...wait what ?! I don't even know who and what he was and I already worried for him ?
I pushed my short and curly brown hair out of my face as I sighed.
The early morning light slashed through the blinds, it was almost 7 am.
The guy jolted awake with a scared look on his face, his breath was quick and irregular. He must have had quite a nightmare judging his expression.
I dared to grip his shoulder, trying to confort him and he turned his head to face me.
"It's okay...it was a nightmare..." I said gently. He relaxed a little.
"I owe you my thanks for taking care of my wound" he said calmly.
"You are welcome" I smiled in a reassuring way.
"You saw the energon am I right ?" He asked suddenly. I glanced him confused, energon ? Then I understood. The neon blue liquid.
"Yes I did. I suppose you are not human" I stated.
"If you come to know who I am, there is no going back..." He said seriously.
"Well I guess there is no going back after I locked two assassins in my closet, I'm already into this, whatever it is" I casually scratched the back of my neck.
"You knocked out two KSI soldiers ?! How did you do that ? The possess military training !" He looked at me eyes wide.
"Military or not, they are pretty stupid ! They ignored my presence and I took advantage of that. I hit them with the chair and they fell to the ground like ragdolls" I answered with a hint of pride in my voice.
"Oh Primus...! You hit them with a chair !" He gasped almost frustrated.
"Yeah ! So...who are you...? What are you ?" I esitantly asked.
"I am a sentient mechanic being from a planet called Cybertron. My name is Optimus Prime" he said with firm tone. I gasped, that Optimus Prime ?!
"Oh my god...!" I whispered, he was one of the alien robots from the battle in Chicago.
He remained silent, probably waiting a negative reaction from me.
"Were you the taller one ? The one with flames on his armor ?" I asked "How did you turn to this appearence ?"
"Yes I was. Cybertronians had to develop an hologram of a human in order to better disguise ourselves in alternative mode. That hologram is called holoform. I was ambushed two weeks ago and managed to hid my body in a secret place. I was able to move my spark from my body to my holoform and I am running from KSI since then" Optimus patiently explained to me.
"Spark ? KSI ?" I continued my row of questions.
"The spark contains all our memories and feelings, also being what keeps us alive" he paused waiting for me to sign him I understood.
"Like a soul or a human heart ?" I dared.
"Yes, I suppose so. KSI is a technologies company, but there is more than that. They discovered our genoma and started building other prototipes in other to overwelm us. What they did not know was that my arch enemy, leader of the Decepticons Megatron, was using them to create an army. Now he orders around most of those prototipes and plans into the shadows" he proceeded.
"Were those assassins from Megatron or the KSI ?" I questined.
"I do not know" he fell silent for some seconds.
We heard a loud crash.
I cursed under my breath.
"Those assassins freed themselves !" I stated and grabbed my chair, hoping it would work a second time.
The men crushed the door and before I could even move, one of them yanked the chair out of my hands. I screamed in horror, I was defenseless. He grabbed my neck and started tightening the grip.
I gasped for air, trying to kick myself out of his iron grip.
But all I was doing was wasting energies.
My vision blurred out as I saw the other man jump on Optimus.
I started to cry in fear, I didn't want to die that day and not that way.
When I thought everything was lost, the man holding me suddenly flopped on the floor unconcious and I fell with him, but now able to breathe.
I started to sob and cry loudly as a pair of strong arms pulled me into a conforting hug.
I held onto Optimus's back for dear life as I cried against his solid chest.
He gently stroked my hair whispering conforting words.
I eventually started to calm down and loosened my grim onto his jacket.
"What a shame of me !" Optimus gasped, I looked at him a little confused.
"I told you my name but I did not ask for yours !" I swear I saw him blush as he scratched the back of his neck unconfortingly.
I chuckled and brushed away the remaining tears.
"It's Chiara" I said smiling. (Nda: Chiara is an italian name and as our spelling rules say, you have to pronounce it like 'ch' was a k. So it is Kiara)
"A peculiar name" Optimus smiled lightly.
"Yeah, I am from Italy, I moved in Chicago four years ago, then I moved here" I explained.
"Four years ago ?" A shadow passed in his royal blue eyes.
"Yes. I was involved in the battle. But you and one of your comrades saved my life. A Decepticon with one eye was going to shoot me and you two blocked his way. So thank you for saving my life, back then and now" I answered him.
"You were the girl Shockwave was about to kill...then Ratchet noticed it and we stopped him just in time...! It is good to see you alive and well" Optimus smiled again, the shadow quickly faded away as he nominated Ratchet, but then it came back seconds after.
He must care a lot about this Ratchet.
I let the topic drop and stood up.
"We have to get away before these soldiers wake up" Optimus said seriously.
"I will have to leave my house ?!" I gasped in worry.
"I am sorry, but we cannot afford to be found, our lives are in the game" he stated. I hung my head for some seconds, then raised it back up.
"I swear I'm coming back !" I said with determination.
"I will bring you back, it is a promise" Optimus looked at me, I looked at him.
"Thank you".