Around the city

We reached the nearest city in two hours. It was a metropolis, with all the people on the streets walking and chatting.
I looked around with curiosity, scanning every inch in my view.
Optimus walked by my side with his hands in his pockets.
We decided to stop in this city to get some supplies.
"What about we head to the supermarket ?" I ask as we stand waiting for the green light to cross the road.
"Sure, is it that way ?" Optimus replied.
"Have you already been here ?" I answer him while nodding.
"Once. Me and my comrades were here for a mission. It was five years ago" he said.
We walked with the croud to the other side of the road and turned left.
We saw a croud in front of a shop and out of pure curiosity I dragged Optimus with me and squished through the people.
They were looking at a set of TV screens, casting a flash news service.
I froze on spot when I realized what the service talked about.
"Chiara ? Why did you s-" Optimus cut off his sentence as he stared at the screens in shock.
"Military took out another Decepticon menace. The alien was hiding in an old ferry's chimney. Rumors state that it was pretending to be an Autobot to be saved..."the man continued his speach, but I wasn't listening anymore. The immages of the attack showed military looking like men, shooting down a transformer with yellow-greenish armor, though he didn't
Shoot back or harm the humans in any way. I recognized one of my two saviors. They had cold-blood killed Ratchet.
I glanced at Optimus. He was shaking bad, his anger and sorrow were so strong I was able to feel them, almost touch them.
He looked like he was about to dash forward and punch whoever was in his arm range.
I grabbed his hand and quickly lead him to a near park before he could do anything.
The park was isolated and there was no one around.
Optimus let out a forceful and shaky sigh.
I could tell he was at his breaking point.
I didn't say anything, fearing to hurt him even more.
I just raised myself up on my toes and threw my arms around his neck, pulling him into a conforting hug. Well at least it tried to be conforting.
"They...killed my friend...they...had killed all my Autobots...one by one...they...will pay...I swear it...!" He whispered with rage.
I nodded, not exactly knowing what to do. Then I started stroking gently his hair, his whole body was shaking bad, as he refused to break.
"Let it all out. I know you don't want to. Most of the times it happens to me too, I don't want people to see me weak or weigh them with my problems. But letting the feelings get out will help you get rid of them in part" I said quietly with the most soft voice I could pull up.
Optimus held on me, his grip was tight, almost breath-taking.
He fell on his knees, as I went down with him. He buried his head in my shoulder and started to sob silently.
I just continued to stroke his blue hair, waiting for him to talk whenever he felt to.
I repressed my tears as well. It pained me seeing Optimus in that state. So broken, so full of rage and sorrow for the loss of his dear friend.
I don't know how much we stayed like that. Time seemed like had stopped for Ratchet.
"He was my closest friend, like a brother..." Optimus whispered shakily making me jump at the sudden sound of his deep voice. I waited for him to continue.
"Those men weren't from the military....They were from a secret organization part of CIA called 'Cemitery Wind'. We discovered that the first time we broke in KSI quarters in Chicago...The two assassins were following me since then. Cemetery Wind had already killed most of my Autobots, I had hoped with all my spark they wouldn't get to them...I had hoped the wouldn't get to Ratchet..." He trailed off after some sentences.
"Those monsters..." I growled "I wish I could shoot on their heads myself ! They killed you good guys even though you protected us from the Decepticons !" Optimus glanced at me in surprise.
He had bloodshot eyes and red signatures stained his cheecks.
"How could they !?" I muttered to myself, then I realized he was looking at me "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have gone that far when I know few things about this whole alien conflict...I said too much..." I almost whispered.
"You don't have to be sorry, you didn't offend anyone" he said.
We stayed in the same position for some other time, then Optimus loosened his grip on me, finally relaxing a little.
"Thank you Chiara for listening to me..." He said softly, looking in my eyes.
My heart raced.
"I'm here whenever you want" I smiled warmly, probably I blushed a little too.
After what happend I didn't feel like going around buyng things and Optimus looked pretty undone and tired.
I gently helped him up and we headed slowly to the hotel where we had a room.
The recepcionist was about to say something, but I shot him a glare, meaning if it was not important I didn't care.
The young man just shrugged and turned back to what he was doing.
It was likely he wanted to ask us what happened and that was not his buisness.
The room was on the fourth floor, so we took the elevator in a religious silence. None of us dared to say a single word, neather when we reached and entered the room.
Optimus layed on his bed and quickly fell asleep with a tormented grimace on his face.
I just stood there, whatching him with worry.
I really didn't know how to help him get through his loss, as I had known him for four days or so.
That pained me, I really wanted to help him.
I grabbed a sandwich from my backpack. I wasn't feeling like eating, but it wasn't a good idea either skipping lunch.
The sun went through the window lighting up the room.
I closed the blinds so Optimus could rest better. He needed it.