Blind Cupid (Part 1)

Background:

(Rima's POV)

They say that when you see an old portrait of Cupid (the one who sets people up to loving each other) he wears a pair of blindfolds. Some people argue this is because you never know who you're going to fall for. Other people say it is because love blinds you.

I mean Cupid isn't exactly blind. He's my father, so of course I know. And with me as his daughter, I got some of his power as well. Obviously I don't have a bow and arrow, but I do have sensitive powers as an "uncontrollable" teen.

And that's where the gloves come in handy. See when I touch people with my bear hands, aka no gloves, they start falling for the first person they see. With gloves, it doesn't matter who I touch. No, my parents didn't give me any kind of special gloves. It's just a regular pair of silk gloves.

People often have crushes or fall deep in love with someone without our help, which is fine. But when people need a tiny extra push, I pull off the glove and run to the rescue. Maybe the opposite person doesn't like then back. Well as a Cupid it is my job to help. And I most likely will.

My name is Rima Cupid Mashiro. Most people don't know my full name, it's not even on my transcript. But there's one person other than my family who knows. And that is, my one true dream, Nagihiko.

He's human and a fine one too, if you know what I mean. ;)

He has beautiful locks of long indigo hair and playful gold eyes. If he were a god, he'd definitely be Aphrodite's son. And I, Cupid, would serve him any time.

But the only problem is... we as Cupids cannot fall in love. With our devine power, we can force someone into loving us. And the more we touch them with our bare hands the more in love they'll be. But it isn't real and soon they'd be crazy.

So I have tried being appealing to him. Dressing up nice, smiling, flirting. But nothing happens anyways. And there is also one giant block in my way.

His

C

R

U

S

H

.