Candy Killers: Chapter One

CANDY KILLERS

Chapter One

"Why can't we get more cookies?" whined Ella.

Our mother arched an eyebrow and stifled a yawn. "Ella, we have enough cookies."

She's such a brat, I thought to myself as we walked by Mrs. Knickerbocker's Sweets and Treats shop. The shop had opened less a few weeks ago and it had been packed every day since. My mouth watered from the sugary aroma in the air, but I'd never admit that to my little sister. She made every single moment all about her. My parents never stopped to ask what I wanted, it all came down to Ella's choices and Ella's decisions.

"I WANT COOKIES!" screamed Ella. She fell to the ground and began failing her arms wildly.

I cracked a smile. If the sidewalk hadn't been plowed, she would have made a snow angel. Well, perhaps a snow demon.

Our mother bent over and collected Ella from the ground. She kicked and swung her arms.

"You are such a brat," I muttered under my breath.

"Jace, don't speak to your sister like that," scolded my mother.

Most people would be shocked. I simply shook my head.

Ella stuck out her tongue at me before starting to sob, her entire body shaking in our mother's hands. Like clockwork, mom set her down and wiped her tears. A few seconds later, we were in the candy shop. 

*******

Hey, Cliffhangers!

This is a super short chapter, so I'll be posting another one tomorrow of the following day! 

Hope you're having a great start to your New Year! :) 

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo

P.S. If you're enjoying this book, please add it to your library! :) 

 If you're enjoying this book, please add it to your library! :)