The CEO: Chapter One

The CEO

Chapter One

Alex Roth

"I don't know how you did it, Alex."

I cocked my head to the side and grinned. "I'm glad you're happy with the project."

"Centurion Industries is going to make a huge difference with this initiative," said Sebastian Taylor, the youngest CEO in the company's history.

"Helping the less fortunate has always been a passion of mine," I admitted. "I'm glad to be able to do it on such a large scale."

Sebastian nodded and patted Alex on the shoulder. "You ready for the press conference?"

"I'm ready," I said nodding my head, trying to ignore the butterflies flittering around in my stomach.

Sebastian pushed through the large oak doors, revealing a thick maroon and tan carpet. We walked silently down the hallway and toward the elevator.

"You have your talking points?" Sebastian asked.

I patted the pocket of my Armani suit. "Yes, right here."

"Make sure to hit Amanda up for questions first, then Glen, then Kayla," said Sebastian as he checked his hair in the reflection of the elevator door.

I nodded.

As the elevator door opened, I took a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves. Relax, Alex. This is singlehandedly the biggest moment of your career. If you screw this up, Sebastian will fire you on the spot.

We walked silently, only the sounds of our shoes filling the large open corridor.

"Excuse me on moment," said Sebastian as he pulled his cell phone out of his pocket.

I paused, we were only a few steps away from the doors leading to the press conference. I certainly didn't want to go out there without the CEO.

My ears pricked up as Alex's hushed voice carried through the empty space.

"Yes," he said, his voice filled with anger. "Yes, he is about to make the announcement." Sebastian paused. "Everything is going according to plan. You'll have everything you need soon." He turned his back and lowered his voice, "Do not threaten me!"

Goosebumps snaked down my neck. Everything going according to plan? Threaten? What's going on?

Sebastian slid his phone back into his pocket and took a large deep breath.

I spun around and focused on the hundreds of people just on the other side of the glass doors.

"Everything okay?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

Sebastian gave me a smile. "It will be soon. You ready?"

I swallowed my fear and tried to shake the unsettled feeling from Sebastian's phone call. Forcing a smile, I looked at him and nodded. "I'm ready." 

---------

Cliffhangers,

Hey, there! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of The CEO! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the first chapter! 

Also, a HUGE thank you to @madamhydra, @cuterthanamug98,and @Brandie2598! Each of them helped with either a character name or the name of the company! 

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo 

P.S. All votes and comments are hugely appreciated! :) 

 All votes and comments are hugely appreciated! :)