The Dentist: Chapter Three

Chapter Three

THE DENTIST

I shoved the jar of teeth into the man's open hands.

"This is a good lot," he said with cigarettes on his breath. "I see at least ten crowns in here."

I nodded. "I've had a lot of..." I paused remembering the sound of the teeth ripping out of my patient's gums. "I've had a lot of people coming in for extractions lately."

The man gave a gruff laugh. "Sounds like good business to me."

I turned my head to the side, allowing my neck to pop. The sound echoed through the abandon shopping center. "It's very fulfilling."

The man's smile faded as he shifted uncomfortably from his left to his right side. "Right, well, here's your cash."

My hand shot out and grabbed the plastic bag filled with three neat stacks of twenty dollars bills.

Tripping over his own feet, the man reached out for the side of the building to steady himself.

"Do I make you nervous?" I asked with a lopsided smile.

"N- no, ah, I mean, no, I'm good," he stammered.  

I held up my hands in an non-threatening way. "Listen, the guy I worked with before, he said he knew of someone in the market for other parts."

His eyes lit up. "Market is good for other parts."

"What about the price for a kidney?"

He scratched his chin. "Two fifty."

"Good, good," I said with a smile as I reached into my pocket.

The man's eyes widened. "What are you do-"

Before he could finish the sentence I slid the blade across his neck.

I gave his body a shove as warm blood sprayed across my face. "You're going to be worth a lot to my next buyer."

*******
Hey, Lovelies!

How did you enjoy that ending? ;)

Stay tuned for the next short story, THE ICE CREAM MAN!

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount