The Director: Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Benjie Acda

"Are you okay?" asked an unfamiliar voice.

A finger jabbed me in the shoulder. "Benjie?"

I managed to peel open both eyes and stared into a woman with soft brown eyes and curly chestnut hair.

Bringing a hand to my head, I cringed. "What happened?"

She gave me a lopsided smile. "A suitcase fell on your head."

I sat up slowly, groaning the entire time.

"Here," she said with an outstretched hand.

A cool sensation filled my palm as she let go of the ice pack.

"Thank you," I said gingerly inspecting the back of my head. My fingers grazed over a bump.

The bus driver turned around and dipped his head. "Think you're going to be okay? Or do we need to drop you at the hospital on the way to shoot?"

Grabbing a seat for balance, I pulled myself to a standing position. "No, I'm good. I'll be fine." There's no way you can keep me from my first major role.

"I'm glad," she said with a wink.

My cheeks burned.

"I'm Angelica, by the way," she said with an extended hand.

I shook it and then eased into an open seat. "I'm Benjie. It's nice to meet you."

The bus driver cleared his throat. "We have a five-hour drive. There will be plenty of time to mingle."

"Okay, okay, Henry," Angelica laughed. "We're ready."

***

Thirty minutes later, Angelica stood in the center of the aisle with thick stacks of paper in her hands. "I have your scripts ready. We have several hours left on the bus, so I suggest you dig in and start learning your lines. Once we get to the set, we'll go over the basics. Shooting will start in two days."

I tried to control the tremor in my hands as Angelica handed me a script, stapled in the upper left hand corner. "Thank you."

Taking a deep breath, I turned the page and began devouring the script.

***

I finished reading an hour later. It's a complete bloodbath. My stomach had twisted into a knot and my mouth felt dry. Blood and gore, followed by more blood and gore.

I had been an extra in a similar movie a few years back. The first time they covered me in fake blood, I vomited all over the costume artist.

Slick, Benjie, real slick, I thought as I looked out the window.

We had driven into the desert and away from civilation. Sleepy mountains towered around us and we hadn't seen a single car in hours.

I turned around. The other actors and actresses on the bus had their noses buried in their scripts.

I glanced back down at mine as an uncomfortable feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't quite place it, but something didn't feel right.

Chewing on my lower lip, I tapped my fingers on my thighs and thought to myself, horror film shooting in a remote location, what could go wrong?

*******

Cliffhangers,

 Hope you enjoyed the second chapter of The Director! :) 

What do you think is going to happen next? One hint... It's going to be OUT OF CONTROL! 

Oh, one more thing! If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave me a comment below and consider clicking that little star button! 

Hearts,

Kelly Anne Blount xoxo