VVorth it.

The five children ran down the street, four of them being ahead while a scrawny one chased them.

     Little Eli has been bullied daily by those four boys ahead of him. It was a small town, so they always managed to find him, whether he was going to the store for his mother, or walking his dog in the park, or just trying to play with his few friends... They always found Eli and made fun of him.

     Sometimes they picked on his appearance. He was short and slim, his skin pale since he avoided going out in the sun mainly because of the bullies. Under his eyes were dark circles, caused by heredity. They've been passed on genetically, and the constant stress he was under didn't help his case. On his forehead stood a permanent frown, and his cheeks were sucked in- he avoided eating because sometimes the boys would call him fat. His nose was thin and raised, reason for which the bullies would also call him alien. The list of names only went on.

     Other times, they would just pick on his being emotionally unstable. They knew what it would take to make him burst into fits.

     But that specific day, he's had enough.

     The moment they called his sister bad names, he simply snapped. He didn't just blindly punch as he sobbed, the way he always did, he genuinely felt the need to end those boys' lives.

     And so, he was now attempting to catch up with them. They were laughing, occasionally turning and running backwards just to flip him off or throw pebbles and grass at him.

     But he didn't stop for what felt like hours.

     They eventually reached the edge of the small town, at the docks. They were no longer slaloming between buildings, but wide, high cargo boxes. It wasn't long before little Eli managed to corner them in an alley made of cargo, two of them of a dark, dirty red and the remaining one blue.

     The boys stopped, taking the time to catch their breaths as Eli reached them. Only when he did, did Eli feel how badly his soles hurt, and how much he needed air. But he didn't show it, instead keeping the glare underneath his long, dirty blond bangs.

     "All right, so that was fun, whatcha gonna do now?" the head bully, Frank, dared with a grin.

     Eli didn't reply, but bent over and picked up a rock.

     "What the hell do you think you're doing, alien?!" Pucker snapped.

     The boy kept silent, his slim arm barely managing to hold the rock near his shoulder in a throwing position.

     "Fuck this." another boy, Jack, murmured, starting to walk away.

     Eli watched as the kid passed by him, but he was unable to budge his body into throwing the rock.

     "And fuck you sister." Jack added quietly.

     Eli turned around and threw it, watching as it slammed against the boy's head, sending him to the concrete with a thud. The sight made him stumble back a couple steps in surprise.

     "Holy shit!" Frank screeched, expanding his arms protectively to move Pucker and Nathan away from Eli. "Jack?"

     The boy on the ground groaned, continuing with quiet whimpers.

     Eli turned towards the three boys, nose in the air and fists trembling. Seeing their scared faces wiped whatever remorse he's had for hurting the bully.