Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

8 years later

Sorry if I get any facts wrong in this chapter :)

I gazed into the large, full length mirror. I gasped in satisfaction. Everything was as I’d wanted. My white, sparkling dress flowed, elegantly. The small flowers decorated the strapless corset of the dress and the silk flowed to the ground. My eyes watered, but I stopped the tear before my light, natural looking make up was destroyed. Alex creaked the door open.

   ‘Hey, Amelie, sorry I took so long!’ she smiled, passed me the water I had sent her to get and walked up beside me. ‘You look lovely! Almost as good as me!’ she said, flipping her straightened hair. ‘Nice choice of dress by the way’ she complemented looking down at the pink, mini dress. I surprised she liked it.

   ‘Thanks’ I whispered ‘The hair stylist here yet?’ I asked

   ‘Not yet, she’s on her way. You shouldn’t have put on the dress yet!’ she scolded

   ‘It’s especially made! It’s beautiful! I wanted to wear it for as long as possible’ I smiled. She nodded

   ‘The most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen... Until my wedding!’ She hugged me awkwardly, trying not to wrinkle the dress. I sighed, happily. There was a knock on the door and the hair stylist came in. Alex helped her with my hair and nails. 

     Soon we were in a limo on the way to the church. It was decorated with lilies as I had suggested. Pictures were taken of My family and my soon-to-be in laws and the flower girls et cetera but not of Brandon and I because my mother believed that if he saw my dress before the ceremony it was bad luck. I would get loads of more pictured after the wedding. My mother approached me after a picture with Alex and the other bridesmaids and escorted me to the door of the church. The nerves really hit me, then. Alex came up to me as the light music flowed through the doors, floating through the air like a bird, the melody soft and delicate.

   ’Hey, you okay? Smile! You’re about to get married!’ She smiled once she heard my hyperventalating. I nodded and swallowed. Plastering a smile on my face.

   ‘Okay, I’m ready!’ I nodded, trying to concentrate on keeping my breath steady. The door opened, everyone turned in their seats to look at me. I imagined it was a movie I was auditioning for. But as soon as I saw Brandon, and the look of love, joy and amazment on his face made my nerves melt away. I noticed, I’d picked up my pace to get to him and I slowed again. Alex laughed quietly from behind me. I finally reached the altar.

   ‘Hi’ I whispered. Brandon held my hand

   ‘Hey’ he replied, the priest began

   ‘Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the binding of one, Brandon Mitchell and Amelie Sullivan through the sacrament of marriage!’ the priest began. Brandon and I gazed at each other. I was lost in his eyes and before I knew it, the priest was saying: ‘Brandon Mitchell, do you take Amelie Sullivan so be you lawful wedded wife; for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, untill death do you part?’

   ‘I do!’ Brandon smiled

   ‘Amelie Sullivan, do you take Brandon Mitchell so be you lawful wedded husband; for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?’ my eyes started to sting, I swallowed to urge the tears away

   ‘I do’ I nodded. We kissed, briefly and everyone chorused an “Aww!”. I laughed

    After the ceremony and the exchange og the rings- which were a new, sparkling gold with our names and date engraved on the inside- Everyone bustled out of the church after us for photos.

                                              **************

We stepped out of the limo, I gazed up at the castle in awe. We walked through the door, the children running ahead, I saw Amelie smile to herself at the excitment of the children- when we were children, we loved exploring and venturing around castles and hotels at weddings and other occasions-. We walked into a huge hall. In the corner was a fondue set and the cake. Everyone sat at the huge table and we started to dig in to the steak and fries et cetera. 

     We were later called up for the first dance. We slow danced to “I’ll Stand By You”

   ‘This is so embarrassing’ Amelie laughed, staring at her feet, concentration was practically dripping from her face. I laughed and lifted and spun her around

   ‘Dancing with me? It can’t be that bad’ I joked, she peered up at me with a small smile

   ‘Not you, me!’ she laughed.

   ‘Look at my feet, now follow me, okay. One. Two. Three... One. Two. Three.’ she nodded and whispered

   ‘One, two, three’ she laughed 

   ‘You look beautiful by the way. The dress is exactly like you wanted it!’ she nodded

   ‘Thanks. You look dashing’ she smiled

   ‘I know’ I smiled ‘I love you’’

   ‘I love you too, my handsome husband’ she smiled as our song came to the end