Chapter 12

Chapter 12

   ‘Amelie! God! We know you miss him! It's messing up my friendship and yours and all of ours...as a trio. You might not have seen it this way, but I did. Why can't you just admit it. Even to youself!’ Joshua yelled in my face. I hit him away. He sighed

   ‘Amelie, Joshua is right… This time…For once...’ Alex out in gently and nodded.

   ‘NO!’ I exclaimed, standing up from my chair, it screeched along the floor and I stormed out of the cafeteria and into the hallway, I wish my Converse were louder. Alex came scurrying behind me.

   ‘Amelie. Think about it… Your life is totally different without him. You told me that when his parents came over and he wasn’t there it was weird. Tell me that’s not a sign that you miss him.’ she said, gazing at me expectantly. I sighed

   ‘I miss him! Jeez!’ I moaned. She smiled in victory.

   'well... then. You know what Im going to say'

   ‘I’m not apologizing first!’ I refused, knowing what she was about to say. She sighed

   ‘Fine, be stubborn. Then I can’t help you!’ she gave up and walked away. This was so out of character.

   ‘Alex!’ I called after her incredulously. Then I was alone. It was like everyone had a plan to avoid me. But… it worked. 

     When I was alone, sitting feeling like a loner. I was missing everyone. I thought… But the person I missed most wasn’t Alex, well, I missed her, obviously, but I really missed Brandon. I never noticed! I was filling the void with spending more and more time with Alex and even resorted to hanging out with Joshua.... Eww.... When I saw Brandon, I tried to look busy, tried to look like I didn’t need nor want him in my life! When I did!

     My friends were geniuses. Evil geniuses! I stood up from where I knelt at my locker. I dropped my books, left my bag and jacket and my locker open. I ran through the school as fast as I could in my flip flops I’d stupidly decided to wear I held my skirt in place so it didn't fly up. He was walking towards his car. Most people were gone from school and luckily teachers were still in school getting ready for a meeting.

   ‘Brandon!’ I called, with hot tears running down my red face. ‘Wait!’ he turned around surprised. He was so cute! He did a double take when he saw me coming, his eyes brightened.Sparkling blue

   ‘Amelie?’ he asked, really confused. I hugged him as tight as I could ‘What are you-’ I interrupted him, I threw my arms around his neck and reached up on my tip-toes and kissed him, it was gentle and sweet, like in those incredible cheesy, yet sweet movie that Alex liked to laugh at. Brandon was frozen but eventually kissed me back. He pulled away.

   ’Are you- What? You- I…’ he began, confused. I giggled

   ’Shhh…’ I said, gently putting my finger over my lip

    ’You have serious mood swings!’ he laughed, I was so glad he wasn’t  mad at me.

   ‘I’m so sorry! I’m just so horrible. I didn’t even know then, but I like you- I mean not like I said! I mean as more than a friend! I’m just so sorry I wouldn’t admit it or apologise!’ I babbled on and on while staring at my toes.

   ‘It’s okay. I missed you’ he smiled and hugged me.

   ‘Well. Finally! You two are so sloooow!’ Exclaimed a familiar, light, laughing voice, I turned to smile at Alex. I walked over to her and hugged her