Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I leaned against the bathroom door, the cool wood was refreshing on my flushed face. I was shaking, I couldn't understand why I was so sensitive over this. I took a deep breath and walked over to the mirror. My reflection was hideous, I rolled my smuged eyes. My mascara was running all down my face. I wet a tissue and tried to clean my face, I ended up cleanig off all my make-up, which wasn't much; mascara, blue eyeliner, concealer, the basics. 

    ‘Amelie?’ Brandon called through the door. I refused to answer in case of crying again ‘Amelie?!’ he persisted. I sighed

   ‘What?!’ a cry escaped my mouth, I stamped my foot in frustration, feeling over dramatic. But I was always dramatic.

   ‘Are you okay?’ he asked. He didn’t just ask that! He was such an idiot. What he expect me to say; "Yeah, hun! I'm Super de-duper! Why don't you come in here and we can do each other's hair while we tell each other all our problems like the BFFs we've never been!!!"

   ‘Oh my God! Are you serious’ I said my thoughts out loud. There was silence for a while. I thought he had gone downstairs, given up on me. I tied my hair back from my face and opened the window to let the cool breeze to brush my face, tenderly and gently, It gave me a second to catch my breath. I was starting to feel a bit better.

   ‘You still didn’t answer my question…’ I jumped. He was still there.

   ‘Yes, I’m fine’ I said walking towards the door and opened it. He stumbled into the room, he must have been leaning against the door. I walked past him and walked down the stairs. Tiger was still there. I pet his head and he followed me into the living room. I grabbed my purse and took out my phone. I checked my messages. There was one from Rose. I ignored it, I wasn’t in the mood.

There was one from Alex:

*you OK? :o*

*Don't know. Frustrated*

*Aw what he do now? :o*

*Not much just in a bad mood*

*Because of him…?*

*Yeah, I guess so…*

*I’m comin over*

*I’m still in Brandon’s house*

*I know…*

*OK then, I’ll see you soon…*

there was no point in trying to explain to her what was wrong about that.

     After a while there was a knock on the door and Alex barged in and sat beside me on the couch, not even saying "hi" to Brandon when he opened the door for her. She looked at the T.V and raised an eyebrow and grabbed the remote. She changed the channel to Friends, she knew I loved Friends. Even if she didn’t. Soon I was hysterically laughing at Ross’s tan and his counting “mississippily”! (you have to watch Friends to understand) Alex and I were nearly crying and we were doubled over we were laughing so hard. Even Brandon was laughing. Josh? He had to go to the bathroom. Repeatedly. Several times. Making us pause the T.V. Everytime. That just added to the hilarity.

   ‘Oh God! That is hilarious!’ I said between laughing. I started choking and coughing I was laughing so hard. Alex pat my back. ‘I need a drink’ I said standing, steadying myself. I brushed my clothes, getting rid of any crumbs of the cookies I’d eaten. ‘want something?’ I asked everyone, but avoiding eye contact with Brandon.

   ‘Yeah, Coke!’ Alex demanded, jokingly. I raised my eyes.

   ‘Manners!’ I slapped the back of her head.