Epilogue

SeolHyun's POV

It's been about a month since I've heard or even seen Wonho. He does not call me or does not come to me like he used to. The only explanation is the fact that his phone is still in the possession of his manager and he is not allowed to go out. The members don't contact me either. The only way I kind of know he is okay is through music shows. They've just ended promoting and we're starting promotions. We were supposed to start promoting way earlier, but got pushed back. I think this is because of a mutual decision of our presidents to not make it any harder and to not spread any more rumours.

I'm excited to start promoting again, it takes my mind of Wonho for a second. He is fine, he is okay. We will be okay. It just needs some time to settle. The fans have been supporting him all the way, thank god. And he did not get kicked out of his group for having a relationship. No one responded to the rumours after that and it all kind of just blew over. Monsta X isn't that big of a group after all. If it had been EXO, it would've been way worse.

"SeolHyun! We're up!" My manager calls me and we have to get on stage. Today is our comeback stage and I'm so ready. We've been practicing for a very long time. Never have I been more ready for something. The crowd is as big as it was last time, if not bigger. We did win an award after all. And after our appearance on Weekly Idol, our popularity went up even more. I am so proud to be the leader of this amazing group. And the girls seem very happy too.

The crowd welcomes us on stage. We introduce ourselves and then start our first song. The feeling is a bit different this time. It's more R&B, mostly because I requested it and the other girls wanted something like that too. I like this genre way more for us. Gives us a chance to properly showcase our voices. The crowd is immediately getting into it and I smile. This is more than we could've ever asked for.

This time whenever we go on music shows, we win. It's crazy, but our popularity is rising to the top ranks. It's as if we've been promoting for years, when in fact, this is just our first comeback since debut. It does surprise me a lot, to see us do so well. Not that my girls don't deserve it. They deserve it so much after training like that. We all do. Every single group that debuts deserves things like this.

It's New Year's Eve and we're celebrating with Seventeen. It's the first time we've seen them since doing all of those award shows together. We did get some rewards, but Seventeen got way more than us. The rookie of the year award was ours this year. It was theirs last year. It's nice to be celebrating with someone other than our own group. We've been isolated for too long. And apparently Seventeen thinks the same thing. We did used to practice together all the time, before debut. So we have had some parties together. The other trainees, sadly, can't join us in this. Last year we celebrating with all of us girls and the year before that we celebrated with the boys of Seventeen too. It's so weird to think it's all so different now.

We can't have alcohol, which is a given. It's not that strange to not have alcohol at all. I haven't had a drink ever. Wonho was always pushing me, telling me I was missing out on so many things. He would love to be here and lecture me about everything. God, do I miss him. It's been a few months since I've seen him now. Does he miss me as much as I miss him? I'm scared to even contact him, scared that he'll get into trouble. But he doesn't get in touch with me either. Neither do any of the other members these days. At first they'd send me some messages about him, but they have stopped too.

"Are you fine?" EunHa asks me after a while. Everyone is having the time of their lives while they're dancing the night away.

"I will be", I say in an unsure voice. This is the kind of time you should be celebrating with someone special to you. Yet, I have no family to celebrate with. My dad is out of the country for business and we're keeping this whole being related thing on the down low. And Wonho is nowhere to be seen at all.