Forty Four

Wonho's POV

We stay up all night thinking about how to fix this. Seolhyun will get a lot of hate for this and I will be implicated. The company will know right away it's me. This is going south really fast. What if in the end I have to give up everything? Even my career? She's worth it. 

I haven't slept all night when our manager barges into our dorms. Only Shownu knows what's actually going on. Our manager takes me outside and leaves the other boys to guess. Shownu will have to explain for me. He's good at those things. Meanwhile I'll have to explain to our manager. And maybe even the president of the company, but let us hope it won't come to that at all. 

"What do you have to say about this?" he asks me while takes me to his car. This is not looking good at all. I was hoping he'd take me outside for a minute and would talk to me. Seems like he is taking me to the president. If only this does not turn to shit. 

"What should I have to say about it?" I ask, evading the question a little bit. 

"We both know this is you in the picture. And we both know the president has already seen this", he sighs and shuts his own door. We're in the confined space of his car now and he turns all sentimental. "This is not looking good for you, okay?" 

"I know..." I sigh too as he starts the car for some heating. The weather has turned cold all of a sudden. 

"The president wants a detailed expanation on this. How did this ever come to be? I've been turning a blind eye to you two meeting up because you seem close. Like friends close. How long has this relationship been going on?" He is clearly confused. And I had no idea he was covering for me all this time. Was this really happening? 

"You've been covering for me?" I totally evade the second part of his question there. He nods towards me and then starts driving off. 

"I knew you two were seeing each other in a friendly way... And you told me you've been friends for a very long time. I didn't see any harm in it. Now my head is on the line for letting you do this..." I had no idea at all. He's been so good to us all this time and now he can even get fired because of me. 

"I didn't know... Oh god, what did we do?" I ask myself more than I ask him. He does not deserve this kind of thing. 

"How long?" 

"Almost since the beginning. I went to her show once and yeah... Things escalated from there. I'm so sorry", I say again but he remains focussed on the road. How can he remain so calm in a situation like this? Is he even human? I have such respect for him right now. 

I arrive at the main building, where the president is waiting for me. Everyone inside the building seems to be on edge for some reason. The president is not someone you mess with. And we did. Both me and my manager. I can't even begin to imagine how he is going to react to this all. Will I be thrown out of the group? Will my contract be ended? Let's not hope. But in the end it'll all be worth it. SeolHyun is worth everything I have to go through for her. She's the strongest person on this entire planet and I'm not about to leave her when she's getting better.

"Sit down", he says when we enter. "You can leave." It is directed towards my manager. "Wait in the hallway. I'll deal with you later."

"Yes, sir." He bows and is gone. It's just the two of us now. I've never been alone with him my entire life. This is scarier than anything I've ever had to do. Why does it always have to be this way for us entertainers? We offer up our lives for the fans.

"You... What am I going to do with you?" he sighs and leans back in his chair with a doubtful look. "You've broken every single rule we have around here and you don't even seem remorseful."