Sixteen

SeolHyun's POV

After getting of stage one of the other rookies comes up to me to talk. His name is SeungJun and he is so tall that I have to really look up to see him. The boys of KNK seem really nice though, they've been having a lot of fun around the backstage area. Someone is always running after someone else for something. It's entertaining to watch. SeungJun has been throwing me a few smiles over the days and he seems really kind. That's why I'm talking to him now.

"You seem to be doing really well for a debut group", he says while leaning down a bit so I don't have to crane my neck all of the time. 

"Yeah, I'm happy to see the reactions! I actually heard you guys trained with BTS?" I heard it a few days ago while changing. The girls from my group are really smitten with these guys, KNK that is. 

"Wow, I'm glad you know so much about us", he smiles and I whack his arm playfully. 

"I said I heard it", I laugh and he nods. 

"Fine. I won't mention it. But yes we did train with them. You probably want their phone numbers or something now?" he seems to be a bit more serious. It makes me wonder if that happens a lot. 

"Nope. Why would I want that?" I tilt my head to the side because it confuses me. 

"Most of the girls do want it... So my predictions about you are true", he grins again and it's rubbing off on me since I grin too. 

"Predictions?"

"Yeah, I always assumed you'd be nice and not after something. You seem really genuine." That's actually pretty nice to hear from someone. A lot of people in this business are after something all the time. 

"Thank you", I blush and he laughs. In the corner of my eye I see someone walking away angrily. The blonde set of hairs tells me it's Wonho. Why is he so mad? And why didn't he come say 'hi'? SeungJun follows my gaze and I see him frown a little. 

"So what's the deal with Wonho? You seem pretty close. He's actually the reason why I didn't talk to you earlier..." SeungJun suddenly changes into a really shy guy. I heard he's like this: cool on stage and  really giddy and cute in real life. I do seem to hear a lot of things here.

"We've been friends for a long time, that's all. And he shouldn't stop you from talking to me. He's not as scary as he looks", I joke and SeungJun actually laughs with me. After that we talk for a little more before the show really starts. We have to separate and decide to talk some more tomorrow. He's really fun to be around.

Our stage comes on again and we perform. Honestly, I think this is our best performance yet. We blow everyone away and after that we have another stage with a slow song. I'm not as good as a singer as EunHa, but I'm decent. Our vocals are stable and the rappers do an amazing job too. I love all of it. The public applauds us as we go off stage. 

"That was so good!" JiHee screams as soon as we're off. And it was. 

"Did you see the crowd go ballistic?" YeonA shouts back and I love how excited the young members are. The rest of us just give high fives and hug. It really was the best thing ever to do. Next up are Monsta X. They're doing their goodbye stages all week and it's kind of sad I won't be able to see them casually after this anymore. Wonho and I will have to go back to our late night meetings. They wear me out, but it's kind of fun too since we've been getting really close again. 

Wonho walking away is still going through my head as I sit down. There was someone with him, I think it was Hyungwon. Maybe he can tell me why. I'm too scared to ask Wonho. Contrary to what I told SeungJun a good hour ago, I still think Wonho can be really scary. Most of the time he is sweet, but I don't want him to get mad at me. It's ridiculous really.