Twenty Four

SeolHyun's POV

We both calm down after a while, resting in each other's arms. He sat us both down on the very steps we sat on the other day. My heart is still beating like crazy, I can even feel his heart through his chest too. My hand rests on top of it. I still can't believe he was so bold and came her to see me. Let me correct myself: to confess to me. His kiss had startled me, but right now I can't seem to wipe the grin off my face. It was my very first kiss, and trust me, it was worth it. His kiss is still lingering on my lips as I turn my face up to look at him. His arms are still wrapped tightly around me and his gaze is trained on my eyes. I feel my cheeks light up while he takes me in. It all feels so surreal now, having him here with me. But it doesn't matter. He told me the way he feels about this and that's all I need to know. 

"You never told me how you feel", Wonho suddenly states and he's right. It's not that I'm not feeling a lot of things right now, I just don't know how to voice them properly. I'm not sure this is what he wants to hear right now. All I want now is to be with him and not think of anything else, not even the consequences. 

"What if I told you I don't know?" I ask, afraid of what he'll say. His arms around me tense up a little while I cast my eyes down again. He has to understand this. If he doesn't then we can't move on, ever. I want to let everything behind us, but it's still so hard. 

"Then I won't judge you for it. I understand that you need time, time to heal and time to fully trust me. If you feel the same by then, you can tell me", he says graciously while relaxing again. "But can I kiss you again? To make up your mind?" I giggle in return. He has me so giddy now. Every single nerve in my body is awake and responding to him. My body practically screams 'yes' to him while my mind tells me 'no'. It's not fair, to be this torn up. 

"SeolHyun?" I hear someone calling for me. I totally forgot about the girls and going home. They must've been waiting for me for a long time. I get up and put some distance between the two of us before anyone catches us. 

"Coming!" I yell at the person and hear them walking away again. I sigh and turn to face Wonho. He seems very pleased with himself at this point. I want to wipe that smug smile off his face before it gets any worse. The only way to do that is to initiate a kiss myself, so I do exactly that. He doesn't see it coming while I kiss him soft and slow. His hands are on my waist after mere seconds while mine grab his collar. This feels so right, kissing him. My mind just goes totally blank. There are no words or thoughts, just me and him. 

"You are a very seductive minx", he says while pulling back. "Go, before they release a search party. I'll see you soon." He is still thinking of me and what's best. He always is. Why can't I just trust him? Why is it this hard? He isn't the same person as he used to be. 

I bite my lip and take him in. It's hard to say goodbye, especially since I finally feel a bit healed. It's the first time in years that I've felt so normal. I want to spill everything to him. Right here and now. But that'll have to wait until the next time we meet. "I'll call you", I promise him before taking off. He looks at me with a happy expression while I make my way to the door. I wave once more before going in. It takes everything inside of me not to run back to him. All I want right now is to hide with him and be a normal girl. 

"Where have you been?" our manager demands of me while he looks distressed. 

"I'm sorry, I needed air. It can get really stress-y" I apologise. I'm not really lying. I needed the air to think and hadn't expected Wonho to be there. 

"Just don't do that in the future, okay?" he calms down and leads us to the van. We get in and drive away. It feels like I'm leaving my heart behind. And that's when I finally accept the truth about this. I'm  totally in love with Wonho too. He has me in a type a way no one has ever had. My heart belongs to him for as long as he'll have me. It's weird to think about it like that and it's definitely very cliché of me to say. But it is the only truth worth speaking of. I do need to tell him soon. Or he'll think he's in this all alone.