Chapter Nine: Waking Up

sorry it took me soo long to update this guys, but I was on vacation....YAYY....anyway... I'll post this chapter that I had been working on before hand.....NOTE: this has not been edited.

HAILEY'S POV

I felt the warm sun kiss my eyelids as I finally began to wake up for the morning. I stretched my body out under the covers, raising my hands high over my head as I sighed in relief from the tension. With my eyes still closed I rolled over and adjusted my head on the pillow and twisted in the blankets, trying to get comfortable. I adjusted again and again, refusing to open my eyes and admit that I was awake, but something just didn’t feel right. This bed was far too big and comfy to be the one from my apartment.

With that thought, I bolted up in the bed and threw the covers off of me, flopping onto the floor and screaming in horror.

“WHERE THE HELL AM I, YOU PIECE OF SHIT CREEP!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping to catch the attention of my capturer.

I heard footsteps hurrying up the stairs and the door burst open. To my extreme mortification, there stood a worried James, gun in hand, hair messed up from being aroused from bed, and noting on but his jeans. I watched as he stood there, perfectly still, looking from the bed to me then back again letting out a short chuckle, causing me to glare back at him.

Once he saw no need for a gun, he threw it on the bed and walked over to me, giving his signature smirk as he looked down at me sprawled out on the floor in nothing but a T-shirt that I was assuming was his, based on its sweet smell. Shaking his head, he bent down and offered me his hand, which, due to my already damaged pride and ego, I did not take. I slowly raised my self up to look him in the eye before I raised my hand and slapped him square in the jaw.

He stumbled back a few steps before regaining his balance.

“Whoa. That was not exactly the way I had planed to start my day, but I guess I deserved that" He smiled but I didn’t return it, my glare caused his smile to falter.

“You think? I trust you do drive me home and leave me in the comfort and safety of my apartment, only to find that you brought me to your house instead, undressed me, and then slept with me without me knowing!” My voice just continued to rise, but James stood there, calm, cool and collected, taking it all in. “Gosh James. I give you an inch and you take a mile. Take me home NOW!” I looked at him with all the anger I could.

“I can’t” He replied calmly.  I crossed my arms over my chest stubbornly.

“You can’t what. You can’t get your sorry ass in a car and drive me home. Because If you don’t then I’ll just walk home.” I stormed past him, about to open the door that he had closed behind him, when he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“Hailey, you can’t go home. It’s not safe.” He looked at me seriously. But I just shook my head and turned for the door again. However, this time he grabbed both my shoulders and twisted me around so that I was looking him straight in the eyes.

“Hailey, the police know about you and China now! And Esteban has men patrolling the area around you apartment at all times waiting for you. Trust me. You can’t go back there.” He looked at me pleadingly. For the first time, I saw James at his most weak and helpless state as he stood there hoping that I would agree to his protection.

Before I could answer the door burst open, bumping into me, causing both James and I to tumble backwards, landing in an awkward position on the bed. China walked in looking at the two of us tangled on the bed, her eyes growing wide.

“Oh My Gosh.” Her hands flew to her mouth, as she slowly backed closer to the door. “I had NO idea that, well that was the cause of you screaming.” She giggled a little bit at my blushing face, winked, and ran down the stairs.