Chapter Six: He Did What?

Please excuse grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes... this hasnt been edited yet. I just wanted to get it posted for you to see and check out!! Please comment on this chapter guys. I really want to see some feedback or else i wont see the need to continue posting. Sorry. :( so please comment so I can have a reason to post chapter 7. thanks for reading and understanding!

            James threw the phone back in the car and turned to me. His face was filled with worry.

            “What was that all about” my voice faltered with the look of pain and worry James gave. He shook his head, taking my hand and leading me to the passengers side of his car. Like the gentlemen I would have never guessed him to be, he opened the door for me and quietly closed it behind him, rushing to the drivers side.

            He seemed to have gotten over his shocked state, for now his eyebrows furrowed in thought as to what he was about to do. He looked at me once more before putting the car in reverse and speeding down the road.

James POV

            I felt my whole body tense with the thought of having involved Hailey in my dangerous life. What was I thinking? I know what. I was thinking that I love her, more than anything in this world, maybe even more than Sebastian. The minute she entered my world, it completely changed its course and now revolves around her. All it took was one look with those big, blue eyes to make my heart skip a beat and my mind rush, and now I am risking her life because of my selfishness. I didn’t want to let her go. She was my drug, and I am a full fledge addict, high on her kiss and stoned on her proximity.  I have never shared my feelings with anyone, but she made me do things that, under normal circumstances, I would never do. I am so used to hiding behind my wall of held back emotions that has taken years to build and perfect. She is the only person to put in the effort to break through that wall. She’s the only one that doesn’t care for me because of my status, wealth, or simply entertainment. She was real and her love pure.

            “James, what is going on? Tell me now, or God help me, I will call Sebastian myself!” Her voice shook with defiance. I couldn’t help but smirk, even under the circumstances. She was so stubborn and certainly wasn’t about to take ‘no’ for an answer. I really didn’t want to tell her. I had planned to ask her to stay in the car while I go take care of some business. I know that it will only take mere minutes and she would be unseen and out of harms way. However, by the looks of it, I was going to have to tell her.

            “JAMES MOREITTI, TELL ME NOW!” She spoke through clenched teeth, I can feel her eyes boring into me like lasers.

            “Look, Hailey, don’t freak out, Okay!” I looked over at her with a dubious expression. She looked back with her blue eyes glaring at me.

            “Really James, Really?” She shook her head, annoyed by my assumption that she would freak out. I shrugged my shoulder and smiled at her reaction. Clearly freaking out.

            “Just warning you.” I teased. “Okay. Sebastian called. He told me that two of Hayden’s men were taken by Esteban’s Mafia.” I paused to asses Hailey’s reaction. Glancing over, I saw her nose scrunch in thought. When she realized I was waiting for her signal to continue, she just nodded. I thought for a second on how I was to go about telling her the next part. I have a feeling that she won’t react pleasantly.

            “Yeah, well, a few of Esteban’s men were at the race garage tonight and saw me with you and Hayden. His Mafia is well known around here as well as my own. Once he saw that I knew Hayden’s group he saw it as a weak point, because they owe him large amounts of money. He sees their problems as a strategic way to get to me and infiltrate my gang. In attempt to overthrow me.” I added when I noticed the look of confusion on her face. She just continued to nod, taking it all in.