Chapter Eighteen

Frank P.O.V

I sank down onto the couch, whimpering, bottom lip quivering uncontrollably. There was no point in trying to stop myself from crying- it had already begun to happen. Gerard was numb, I knew it. I laid down, tucking my hands underneath my head. For hours, I stared and watched him. He didn't stop pacing, or whispering to himself. I was losing the energy to stay awake, as the sky outside began to darken. As I stared outside, I half-expected somebody's face to appear at the window. I sighed, rolling over to face the back of the couch. My cheeks would have been tear-stained, but my vampire senses had already taken care of that. Having cried so much, I had no tears left. Eventually, the soft, rhythmic pacing of Gerard against the creaking floor sent me to sleep.
~>•<~

I woke up in our bed- Gerard and I's bed in our room. He was sat against the door, staring over at my direction. I leant up, sleep in my eyes, turning over to face the wall. I wanted him next to me, to hold me, to tell me that everything would be okay. That he would fix everything- as he promised me. But, he was still numb. There were no emotions left in those dark eyes of his. I longed for the bright hazel to return, but he was too upset for his usual, caring self to come to me. Sitting up properly, I tucked the covers underneath my legs. He stared into my eyes, his mind not permitting a smile to form on his lips.

"I'll fix it." He whispered, he choked on his words. I frowned, holding my arms out to him. He frowned too, his brow furrowed. He turned around the face the door, his legs crossed. He was angry with himself; it wasn't even his fault. It's not your fault it's not your fault it's not your fault, I screamed out in my head, with hopes that he would hear my thoughts. His hand shot up to his ears, covering them, blocking out the only thing that could bring feeling back to his body, keeping in his self-made negativity.

"It is my fault!" He screamed, he was crying again. Sobbing in fact. I knew that he was inconsolable, but I also knew that I had to try everything to assure him that it was nobody's fault but Damien's. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, beginning to walk towards him. "Don't come near me Frank, I don't want to ruin your life any more than I have already." He sobbed loudly, I closed my eyes, trying not to shout.

"Gerard, you haven't ruined my life. You saved my life. Now turn around, and we'll talk again. If you won't tell me anything, then I don't know if I can trust you." My last sentence was somewhat threatening, enough to force him to turn around. He looked at me, as though he hated the world and everything in it, his arms crossed. He looked like an upset child, his nostrils flaring angrily.

"He wants to take you away from me." He struggled to say through sobs, I sat down in front of him. I reached for his hands, but he moved them away from me. I was getting slightly angry from him taking all of his affection away from me. I thought that it was quite selfish of him, and I wasn't afraid to tell him.

"No, Gerard, you are taking me away from you. You won't let me touch you, you won't let me even hug. You're distancing yourself away from me and I don't like it. It's selfish, it's reckless. I love you with all of my heart, and because of one setback you're taking your love away from me," I said, staring him dead in his dark eyes. He wasn't hungry, he had eaten us out of house and home. So the dark eyes were him reverting back to his ways, "You call your brother, you tell him the situation. Or I will Gerard. Because I will not lose you because Damien has a bug up his ass about me." I said sternly, Gerard was shocked by my emotion. He sniffled, looking away from me.

"He'll do anything that he can to take you away from me Frank. I don't think that-"

"I'm not asking you." I said, placing a finger to his lips. He frowned, the colour in his eyes changing a little from my embrace. He reached for my hand, closing his fingers around it. At least I've made some sort of break through, I thought to myself.

"I want to drink first," He said quietly, kissing my hand. I helped him to his feet, he pulled me against his chest. He was seeing sense, finally. I wrapped my around around his waist, as he held me tightly. I hoped that his eyes were changing, I hoped for the sake of his sanity, "We'll call at the hospital." He said quietly, squeezing me, taking my hand and leading me out of the bedroom. I implored him to wear shoes, he huffed, pulling on some old boots. He took my hand, locking the door to the cabin, shooting dirty looks up towards Damien's nest.
~>•<~

He burped loudly, surrounded by a few empty bags of blood. The floor had a faint red tinge to it, his eyes had returned to normal. I smiled, thankful that he was relatively okay- given the circumstance. I crawled over to him, resting my head on his stomach. It wasn't growling, nor was he protesting. He was surely in the right mood to call Mikey, and the right mood to get back to loving me. He patted my back, his other hand stroking my cheek. I smiled, happy that he had almost come back to me. Almost. I knew full well the effort that it would take to keep him from falling to pieces; like had done earlier.

"What would I do without you Frank Iero?" He said quietly, his thumb stroking my skin. I looked up at him innocently, making eye contact.

"You wouldn't be here, Gerard Way." I said simply, as he leant down to kiss me.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- You're A Wolf by Seawolf

A.N
I literally don't know what to say XD I'm running out of pointless dialogue XD

Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to vote because it really helps me out ;)