7

Josh's last class before lunch seemed to pass so slow. By the time the bell rang he felt like he had been in there for hours. He walked down the hall where he told Tyler they would meet before lunch. He spotted Tyler from down the hall standing a few feet away from the door of his previous class. "Hey, how was class without your most favorite person ever?" Josh asked with a smile as he approached Tyler. They had four of their seven classes together and their previous class was the first one that they were separated for.

Tyler rolled his eyes before answering in a sarcastic tone. "Oh so now you're my favorite person?" He asked as Josh led them to his usual lunch spot.

"Well yeah, obviously." Josh said with a smirk. Tyler just laughed and shook his head. They where the first of Josh's friends to arrive so they took their seats around a table in the corner of the cafeteria. "So how do you feel about your classes?" Josh asked.

"Eh, you know, they're classes." Tyler said as he and Josh each started to eat.

"Yeah, same." Josh said as Pete and Patrick arrived and took their seats across from them. The two held hands under the table and the sight made Josh jealous. He wished he had someone to hug and hold hands with. If Josh was being completely honest with himself, he wished he could be like that with Tyler. Since the day he saw him walk into the music store he felt his heart do flips in his ribcage whenever he was around Tyler. But of course Tyler would never want to be with someone like him. Hell, he wasn't even sure if Tyler liked guys. But still Josh wanted nothing more than to lace his fingers with the boy next to him and tell him how great he was.

Josh was snapped back to reality when more of his friends came to the table and sat down. "Oh Tyler, this is Ashley." he said gesturing to the girl with Curley blue hair sitting next to Pete.

Tyler greeted her and went back to eating. The conversation at the table picked up again but Josh wasn't interested in all the talk about shitty teachers and copious amounts of homework they would get throughout the year. No, he was interested in the boy sitting next to him. But of course he knew that Tyler wouldn't be interested and he needed to get over his silly crush before he did something stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~

The final bell finally went off signaling the end of school and Josh's freedom until tomorrow. He and Tyler decided to meet by Tyler's car. Of course Josh still felt anxious as hell about getting in a car, but he would get over it to have more time with Tyler.

As he approached the car he saw Tyler talking to some tall guy. By the time he arrived he only heard the end of their conversation in which the two just exchanged goodbyes.

"Who was that?" Josh asked after the tall guy was out of earshot.

"Oh that was Dallon. He plays basketball and he was telling me about try-outs." Tyler replied as he unlocked the car for them.

"You play basketball?" Josh was surprised he didn't know this. He knew so much about Tyler but how could he not know that.

The two got in the car as Tyler answered. "Yeah. My dad taught me and we'd always play when he was home." Tyler smiled at the thought. He knew Tyler was close with his dad and it always made him sad when he'd leave. "Hey do you want to work on that math homework?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, sure" Josh replied.

The two sat in silence for the rest of the drive to Tyler's house. Once they arrived they went up to his room to start their homework. They had been working for about thirty minutes before Josh set his pencil down and sighed "I don't want to do homework anymore."

Tyler laughed "Josh, if you don't do it now you're never going to get it done."

Josh shook his head "No. I just want to hang out with you."

"You can hang out with me and do homework."

Josh groaned before picking up his pencil and continued his homework.

Five minutes later Tyler set down his pencil "You're right, this sucks lets get out of here and do something fun."

Josh smiled, happily he won Tyler over. The two slipped on their shoes and decided to walk around their neighborhood and talk. They did that for the next two hours before realizing it was getting dark and they still had incomplete homework to finish. After they finished Josh took his small walk home and that night as he payed in bed he couldn't wipe the smile from his face because after their conversation he was sure that Tyler liked him back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, it's been a while since I updated. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff lately and I decided to take a small break from writing. I'm not sure if I'm coming back from my break but I'm going to try. If I do come back I might have slowed updates on this fic. But thank you to all two of you who actually read this.

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote and all that Jazz if you liked it.

~Kenzie