6

Once Tyler finished getting his stuff ready for his first day of school he checked his phone to see a new message from Josh.

Hey, are you ready to start school tomorrow?

I guess
I'm used to starting new schools
I'll figure it out

If you want we can go together and you can hang out with my friends and I
Just so you don't have to be alone on your first day
But if you don't want to thats cool too

Tyler smiled, he thought it was cute when Josh rambled. He even managed to do it over text.

Yeah that sounds great
Do you want to drive or am I driving?

Could you?

Yeah, I'll pick you up at 7:20?

Okay sounds good
See you then

Okay
See you

~~~~~~~~~~
Tyler groaned as his alarm went off across the room. No matter what school Tyler was going to, he always hated getting ready for it. He walked to his closet and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain T-shirt. After he got dressed he stumbled into the bathroom half awake where he brushed his teeth and washed his face. After he finished getting ready he went downstairs and scrolled through his phone until it was time to get Josh.

Once he pulled up outside of Josh's house he wondered if he should go knock on the door to get him but before he could do anything Josh was walking out the front door and towards Tyler's car. He swung open the door but seemed hesitant about getting in. Tyler didn't say anything about it or the fact that Josh looked like anxious wreck the whole way to school. They only made small talk in the car exchanging their hello's and talking about their upcoming day. Once they arrived and stepped out of the car Tyler could see that some of the tension in Josh's shoulders had left.

As they approached the school Tyler could tell that it would be a lot different than his old school. When they passed through the doors Tyler stared at the school before him in awe. There were two stories and a giant staircase stood before him surrounded by benches and tables filled with other teenagers. Tyler took a deep breath as he took in the building before him. He could feel anxiety starting to rise in his chest. Sure he had gone to new schools, but never one this... big. He was awoken from his thoughts when Josh spoke up. "Hey, we still have time before first period. Do you want to go meet my friends?" Oh great, more people Tyler thought as he nodded his head. Josh flashed him a smile that made him forget about the copious amounts of anxiety he was feeling. He wasn't sure if he liked that Josh's smile could make everything fade away into the background.

Josh led him up the stairs and down a few halls. Tyler already knew he would get lost at least three times today. Josh led him to a wall of lockers where a group of people stood talking. "Hey guys." Josh said as they approached the group of people. All eyes were on him and Tyler now and Tyler couldn't shake the feeling that they were judging him. "This is my friend Tyler. He just moved here." They all greeted Tyler and he knew he should say something back but he couldn't find the words so he just waved.

They all stood in awkward silence for a minute before Josh remembered that he should introduce everyone. "Okay so this is Pete, you might have seen him at the music store." Josh said gesturing toward a guy who had his fingers laced with the boy next to him. "And next to him is Patrick, then there's Brendon, Hayley and Ashley isn't here right now but you can see her at lunch." Josh said pointing to people who flashed him smiled when they were pointed to. Tyler nodded as he surveyed the people before him. The Hayley girl had a bright red orange hair and next to her stood Brendon, who Tyler could already tell looked like a ball of energy. Then there was the guy with blonde-brown hair who's fingers were interlocked with Pete.

As Tyler opened his mouth to greet his new friends? He was cut off by the bell signaling that they had five minutes before first period. The group all said their goodbyes and Tyler silently thanked god that he and Josh had so many classes together. The two walked together to their first period English class and Tyler could already tell that this day was going to be exhausting.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Whoops I got lazy in this chapter and put a text conversation. This was also the longest chapter I've written so far so I decide to break it up.

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote and all that Jazz if you liked it.