Chapter Eighteen

I woke up as i heard the doorbell ringing. I sat up not even knowing i had fallen asleep. I wiped my eyes and stood up. Kira walked up to the door and looked out the peep hole. She gave me a scarce look. "You might want to hide. Its the police." she whispered.

"Fuck." i said then i tried to think of somewhere to hide.

The police knocked at the door. "ITS THE POLICE. IF YOU DONT OPEN THIS DOOR WE WILL BREAK IT DOWN!" a man yelled.

"Whats going on?" Cheryl asked as she enter the room.

"Shhhhh." Kira said with her finger over her lip.

I ran into the backyard and crawled underneath the deck. Underneath the deck was a door that led to the lowest level of the house, not a basement, but a crawlspace. I opened the little door and crawled inside. The room had a little light so i could see a little bit.  I crawled into a corner and sat up against the cold wall.

Sydney Wilson

"Kira go tell the girls to make this place look like ours." i told Kira.

"Ok." she said then she ran into the kitchen.

"Hurry." i said.

Kira and the girls ran upstairs. I guess to fix it up and make it look normal. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I saw a bunch of cops all over the front yard. "NYPD, we are here to search the premises." the main cop said.

"Do you have a warrent?" i asked. The cop held up the warrant papers and stepped inside. I stepped out of the way and let all the cops come in and do their search all over the place. "What exactly is this search for?" i asked a cop who walked in stood next to me.

"We got a call about Lelani Donovan being seen here. You know anything?" he said.

"No. I heard about everything on the news though. Thats pretty crazy what happened. I hope your search goes well." i said, trying to sound as normal as possible. "We are just a bunch of girls here on vacation with our kids."

"Mhmm." he said.

The cops came back downstairs. "Theres nothing." one of them said.

"DAMMIT!" the cop yelled and threw his hat on the floor.

I tried to hold in my laugh. He was so angry because he couldnt find Lelani and she was at the exact place he was. "Does this mean you will be leaving know?" i asked. The cop shot me a look and walked out and so did all of the other cops. "Have a nice day." i slammed the door.

I leaned against the door and took a deep breath. It was over that fast. "That was close." Kira said as she made her way down the stairs.

"I know, Where did Lelani go though?" i asked. She must have had a really good hiding space because didnt even know she was in the clear.

"I know she ran outside." Kira said.

"HEY!" i heard a loud deep voice say outside. I ran to the glass door that led to the backyard and looked out. I saw a bunch of cops crowded around Lelani, who was laying face down the ground. I wanted to open the door and go out but i didnt want to take the chance of getting charged for hiding a criminal.

Cheryl ran to the door and opened. "Cheryl." i called to try to stop her.

"Lelani." she said as she stood out on the deck.

"TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS!" Lelani yelled as the police cuffed her and stood her up. Lelanis hair was all over her red face. She had tears and snot running down her chin. The cops picked her up and hauled her to the front yard and put her in the back of a cop car.