Chapter Fifthteen

15 Comments For Update!
-------
Lelani

I turned on the kitchen tv as i made dinner. The news was on. I stopped cooking the ground beef as i heard Quincys name come up. I turned up the tv as the reporter spoke.

The reporter:"I am currently standing outside of Central Hospital where Kyree Macabe and Quincy Jones has been taken. Macabe has suffered minor injuries while Jones is in intensive care after suffering from a gun shot wound. No one knows what exactly happened but police are investigating. I spoke with a police officer and he said he doesnt know if Jones's case will be opened again after the murders he and his girlfriend commited over six years ago."

"Fuck." i said. I had to do something and something before she got really real. I couldnt take Quincy going to jail. If they open the case i may get locked up too and then my kids would be put in the system. I knew Quincy would protect me and not rat me out to the cops but still we dealt with alot of people so whos knows what they know.

I broke out of my thought as the ground caught on fire. I grabbed the pan and threw it in the sink then i turned the water on.

I tried to think of someone that could help me. There was only one person, Sydney. I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

"Hello." she answered.

"Sydney, its me, Lelani." i said.

"Oh my god. I havent heard from you. Where have you been? I heard about everything on the news." she said.

"Thats what i need to talk to you about." i said. "I need you to round up your girls and catch the first flight you can get to New York."

"New York?" she asked. " Whats there?"

"Me. Im in New York." i said. "Can you do what i said?"

"Of course. Im about to call my girls now. Ill call you when i book the flight." she said.

"Bye." i hung up. I didnt know exactly what my plan was but i was going to figure it out.

"Mom. Im hungry." Lil Quincy said.

I looked back at the burnt ground beef. "How about we have pizza tonight?"

He nodded. I grabbed the phone book and looked for a pizza place. I found a place called Sulleys and dialed the number.

"Sulleys pizza. How may i help you?" a guy asked.

"I liked order pizza please." i said.

"Sure. How many?" he asked.

"One." i said.

"Whats toppings?" he asked.

"Ham, bacon, and pepperonni." i said.

"Number and address?" he asked.

I gave him the number and address then he told me it would be 45 minutes till the pizza got here. I hung up the phone and went to check on the twins. They were both awake, kicking there legs and moving their arms.

"Heyyyyy." i said as i picked up the boy. "You hungry." He smiled at me and i got butterflies.

"Hey." Lil Quincy said as he came in the room.

"Hey. Want to help mommy?" i asked him.

"Sure." he said.

"Can you go in that mini fridge and see if theres two bottles in there?" i asked. He opened the mini and got two bottles. "You want to feed him?"

He nodded and smiled. "Sit right here." i said and patted the spot next to me on the mini couch. He sat down and i put his brother in his arms and handed him the bottle. He knew exactly what to do with it, he put the bottle in the babies mouth. "Youve been playing with your si...." i stopped as i thought about Bria. I wished she was there with us.

I got up and got the girl out of her crib and fed her her bottle. I stared into her brown eyes that looked just like mine. She kind of looked like Bria when was she was a baby. They both had something in common, they looked alike, and there dad wasnt there when they were born.

After all the things that had happened that day i tried to think of the positive things. I had a safe place to stay and i had my beautiful kids with me even though i missed Bria with all my heart, though she was gone, i still could feel her in my presence.

The doorbell rung and i looked down at my now sleeping baby. I put her in her crib and went to answer the door.

"Sulleys Pizza." a teenage guy said.

"Hey." i said.

"8.50" he said.

I handed him the money and took the pizza then i shut the door. I sat the pizza on the kitchen counter and went back to check on Lil Quincy. I walked in and saw him cradling his baby brother.

"Awww." i said. "You want some pizza?"

"Yes." he said.

"Well go wash your hands." i said and took the baby out of his hands. He seemed a bit gasing so i put him over my shoulder and burped then he went right to sleep. I put him in his crib and turned on the baby monitor then i went into the kitchen.

I took out two plates, one for me and one for Lil Quincy. I put a slice of pizza on each plate then i met with him at the table. I sat his plate in from of him then i sat next to me.

He took a bite of his pizza. "Ma, is Bria coming to stay with us?"

I put my pizza back on my plate. "Umm no."

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because she is staying somewhere better and safer." i said.

"Can we go visit her?" he asked.

"We will someday. Hopefully thats a long time from now." i said. The phone rang and i remembered i told Sydney to call me once she booked a flight. "Q, finish your pizza." i said then i went to answer the phone. "Wassup?"

"Hey. I got some good news and some bad news." Sydney said.

"Good news first please." i said.

"Well first im letting you know me and my girls should be arriving first thing in the morning." Sydney said.

"Great. Should i pick yall up?" i asked.

"Nahh. I already got a driver picking us up." she said. "Ready for the bad news?"

"Hit me." i said.

"You should definitly stay hidden for a while. The cops are really on look out for you. I been hearing that they are officially opening yall cases back up." she said.

"But on the news they said they werent sure yet." i said.

"They opening them cases. Im know some court people, i may be able to get rid of those cases if your down." she said.

"Hell yes. Anything." i said.

"They going to be wanting some mad money." she said.

"I got money." i said.

"Yeah but these some high rollers, they could charge at least 30 million." she said.

"Thats about all i got." i said.

"I know. Thats why one of my girls been trying to find some spots to hit up." she said. "I gotta go. Ill see you in the morning."

"Bye." i hung up.