Chapter 21

Mitchell

The week flew by so fast that i wasnt sure where the time had gone by. Before i knew it it was friday and both alex and i were getting ready to go to go trish's birthday party.

I had gotten ready for Trish's birthday party and was just making finishing touches when a knock sounded on the door. Taking in a deep breath i said, "come in."

The door opened and in came alex. My eyes widened slightly as i took in the sight of alex in a tux. Normally he wore jeans and formal shirts to office or just cadual wears. Today he was wearing a grey tuxedo that suited so perfecrly to him!

 Today he was wearing a grey tuxedo that suited so perfecrly to him!

His hair were neatly brushed back while mine were flwing around my shoulders and off to one side

His hair were neatly brushed back while mine were flwing around my shoulders and off to one side. We remained in silence for what felt like hours until i couldnt look into his intense eyes anymore and had to look away.

Alex cleared his throat as an awkward silence filled the air.

"Huh we better get going," alex said.

I nodded before picking up my bag and phone and making my way out of the room. As i passed alex my arm brushed his and this time around i felt my heart jump in my chest at the contact. I looked away to hide my flammed face.

The two of us made our way down towards where alex's car was parked. This time even the silence was uncomfortable for the first time. And i couldnt wait to get out of the car fast enough.

"Uh. Do you mind if i turn on the radio?" Alex asked.
I shrugged nonchalantly and said, "its your car. You can do whatever you want."

Alex turned on the radio and switched channeld until he found s sports one. Boys and their addiction with sports! I looked out towards the window and doftly hummed my favorite tune.

Finally we arrived at Trush's and lance's house and i breathed a sigh of relief. The awkward silence in the car was suffocating me.  Music was pounding throughout the house. Peoplw were milling about and drinking and having fun. Alex had gaken my hand and wound it around his arm.

I felt alexs hand warm and big. It was much bigger than sam. I wonder what else could his big hand do? I shook my head to get rid of the dirty images in my head. The two of us made our way inside and looked for trish and lance. We finally found the two of them in the living room talking to leople.

"Hey! Glad you two finally made it," lance smiled, as he and trish made their way towards us.
"Wow mitchell. You look beautiful," trish said, hugging me lightly.
"Thanks. You look wonderful as well," i smiled.
"Good thing you brought mitchell alex. Or else i would have made you drive back," trish threatened.

I smiled slightly at her remark. Trisg could be funny if she wanted.

"Where are the guys?" Alex asked.

I felt my smile drop at his words. I knew he wouldnt want to remain by my side all through the party. But why the hell did his words affect me so much? I dont care what he does ir does not.

"They are probably around somewhere," lance sakd.
"I will go find them," alex made his escape.
"Come on. I will introduve you to my cousins,"trish said.

Alex

I was chatting with the guys as i watched people dance. Lance and trish were dancing as well and they looked totally in love with each other. I could tell by the simple way they were looking at eavh other.

It made me a tad bit jealous though. I looked around tje room for mitchell. I couldnt stand to be near her for fear i would lose my control. Besides i hated her. She ruined my life. Why should i care about her? We are only married through paper. Its not like we love each other.

I found mitchell in the corner talking to some people. I had to admit though that she did look beautiful. The purple dress she wore made her look like an angle. I wayched as she interacted with people and laughed.

And then she began dancing with different guys all of whom were flirting with her. I frowned as i watched her flirt back. I felt my anger resurface and took seep breaths to calm myself down. I didnt want to punch a guy and ruin trishs party.

"Why dont you ask mitchell to dance?" Evan asked.
"No," i said.
"Fine then i am going," Derrick said.
"No," i said, grinding my teeth in annoyance.

Couldnt they understand my problem? I didnt know how to explain this but seeing mitchell hsving fun with other people brought me jealousy.

"Are you going to ask her or nor?" Jason asked.
"Fine," i sighed.

Walking towards mirchell i had a determined expression on my face. I just hope she doesnt say no.

"May i have a fance now?" I asked, extending my hand towards her.

Mitchell looked surprised at my words but at the same time i detected a hsppy look. She was happy? Why? Because she was flirting with other guys? And i was interrupting her?

"Of course," she said, placing her small, soft hand on mine.

I enveloped her hand in my big one and led her to the dance floor. It felt as if all eyes were on us. Turning around i placed one hand atound her waste and the other on her shoulder. She placed her hands accordingly around me. The music changed to a slow one and i pulled her close to me.

I wanted to show all those flirty males that she belonged to me. She was mine and no one else's. I pulled her xlose and we danced together. Mitxhelle smelled wonderful. I pulled her even closer as we continued to dance.

As the song ended mitxhell and i did our last step and pulled apart. Only to find that we had attracted everyones attention and that they had formed a circle around us and were clapping.

I looked at mitchell and saw that she was blushing furiously. I couldnt help but smirk but not before mitchell turned around and left the room leaving me confused.

So here's the next update guys! Dont forget to vote and comment! :) PS: the images in this chapter and in the book DO NOT belong to me! Credit goes to the rightful owner of the images!

Chocolate-Lover93