Chapter 25

Mitchell

We were seared at a table for two and handed our menus. I couldnt help but glance at alex every so iften. He looked particularly handsome tonight.

"Are you goibg to order something or are you going to keep staring at me?" Alex asked.

I blushed madly as i hid my face in the menu. How did he notice me anyway? We gave our  orders to the waiter and then i looked around the restaurant.

"Do you like it?" Alex asked, causing me to look at him.
"Yeah its a nice place," i said, giving him a small smile.
"Not as nice as you," he smirked.

Was he trying to flirt with me? I tugged an imaginary strand of hair behind my ear. I just needed something to fcus on.

"Tell me about yourself," alex said.
"What do you want to know?" I asked.
"Anything you want to share. You know i am not a fan of big talks," he said.
"So i noticed," i said with a chickle.
"You noticed?" He looked surprised.
I blushed a bit and said, "you were alwayz the silent type on our nights out."
"Maynr thats why i got cheated," he chuckled humorlessly.
"You may have your reason buf what about me?" I questioned.

The mood surrounding us suddenly got depressed and tensed.

"Can we not talk about our past? I came here so the both of us could get to know one another," alex said.
"Ok. I can do that," i nodded after releasing a breath.
"How many siblings do you have?" I asked.
"I have a mezsed up life," he said, "my dad left me when i was around 7 years old and mom married henry my step dad and had one kid they named Blake."
"What about your dad?" I questioned.
"Never heard of him," he shrugged.

I suddenly felt bad for alex and wanted to comfort him. Moving my hand farword i placed it upon alex's large one. His hand felt large and a bit on the rough side. My tummy twisted into knots.

"Sorry."

I didnt knew what else to say.

"Dont be. I have learned to deal with it. Anyway how were you in your high school?" Akex changed the subject.
"Not too interesting. Although i wasny such a nerd either," i ssid.
"Wrll girls are said to be book lovers," he said.
"Not all book covers are total nerds," i defended.
"Name a few," he said.
"Like me and- um-

I wacked my brain to name a few but found nothing.

"See? I told ya," alex said.
"What about you though?" I asked

We talked for a while just getting to know one another. We were eating our food when akex suddenly went rigid in his seat. Turning around i froze as i saw the two people whom i had leadt expectef to be here.

Alex

Sje looked different. Radiant. She had increased in weight but otherwise looked happier than i had seen her in ages. But it was the man next to her that had me angry. It wasbecause of him that i was in this position. If anything i hated sudden xhanges. And this was sudden. I just hoped that they didnt notice us sitting here. But in a small place as this restaurant it was inevitable.

And as the waitress turned to show them to a chair sam's eyes mwt mine. I could see the smirk on his face which made me want to throw a punch at him. How dare he mock me? What had i done to him anyway?

I could see mitxhell turn around and squeezed hef hand which was still on top of mine. The two of us watched as they stopped by our table.

"I see the two of you are still going strong," sam started, the smirk still on his face.
"What we do is mone of your business," i stated.

Sam's eyes fell on our conjoined hands and he scowled at that.

"So i see the two of you have started coozying up to one another?" Sam asked.
"Why are you here?" Mitchell asked.

I knew she was trying to keep her cool.

"Why? As far as we know this is a free country. Anyone can come and go whenever they like," safdie said.
"Hows the baby going?" I asked.
"Wow alex. Mitchell sure has xhanged you a lot. You werent this talkative before," saddie said.
"Saddie please-

Mitchell vegan but was cut off from saddie.

"I didnt expect this from you mitchell," she said.
"Expect what?" Mitchell asked.
"I didnt expect you would go behind my back and actually work it out with akex," saddie said, glaribg at her.
"Saddie mitchell didnt do anythibg. You cheated on me. Stop trying to take the blame on somebody else," i said.
"Dont you tell me what to do alex," saddie glared at me.
"You dont blame your mistake on other people saddie," i said, standing ip.
"Alex please dont," mitchell began.

I ifnored her since all i was feeling was anger and betrayal.

"You dont even know what betrayal means saddie," i said
"Alez," mitchell said.

At the sound of her voice i turned towarss her. Only to see that her face was getting pale and she was breathing hard. I rushed around the table to her side.

"Mithell are you ok?" I wuestioned.
"Of course she's not ok you dumbo. She's just being a drama queen," saddie scoffed.
"Its all because of you two," i glared at them both.
"Inhaler," mitchell gasped.
"Where is it?" I asked, rubbing her hands to warm them.
"Bag," she breathed out.

I searchrd her bag for the inhaler but found nothing even as i emptied all the contents on the tablr.

"Theres no inhaler mitchell," i said, crouching down on the ground next to her.
"It...must have been...finished...forgot...to...buy...new one," mitchell said.
"Damnit mitchell! You shouldnt have been so careless!" I exclaimed.

Mitchell was already panicking as it was; i didnt need to add to the panic mood.

"Ok. Try to relax. Take deep breaths, and keep your head down," i said.

Mitcgell did just that as i rubbed continuous soft soothing circles on her back. I didnt leave her side until she felt completely normal.

"Can we please just leave?" Mitchell asked.
"Sure thing," i daid.

Throwing a pad of bills on the table i picked our the two of us left the restaurant without eating our food properly.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUUUUCHHHHHH for the support of this book! 😁❤ IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!❤ This book has reached 929READS 108 VOTES and 80 COMMENTS. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for the promotion of this story! :)

Chocolate-Lover93