Chapter 19

Mitchell

I scowled at the bronze haired girl as she flunged herself at Alex. Who the hell did she think she was? I felt a pang in my xhest at the thought. I glanced back down at the table.

"Bianca," Alex said, entangling himself from her.
"Is this your unwanted wife?" Bianva glared at me.
"Not here bianca. I just want to have my telaxing lunch. Can we please talk over this some other time?" Alex asked.

Yeah bitxh. Let us have lunch in peace.

"Fine. Not like you give me time," bianca said, flaunting her bronze hair.
"Nice meeting you," Bianca said, looking me up and down.
"Same here," i said shortly, sparing her a short glance.

Once that intrferance was gone i saw alwx smirking at me. I stood up to go to the bathroom when he stopped me.

"Where do you think you are going?" Alex asked.

His close proximity made my heart flutter insude my chest.

"Where ever i wabt to go," i said.

On the way i met Bianca who blocked my way. I glanced at her but went aroubd her when i was again stopped.

"Look i am not interested in alex ok? I was before maybe but alex's just isnt my type. And i am willing to gelp you if you want," Bianca said.

I stared at her for a minute before nodding at her statemebt. Pushing past her i went into the bathroom and stared ar my reflection in the mirror. A simple white girl stared back at me. Her black hair pulled back in a pomytail.

What were all these feelings inside me?

Why was i getting do jealous of alex giving attention to oother girls?

Sure he was my husbabd. But it didnt meant that hr actually liked me. He was just talking amivably to me so he could make a good impression in his office. An impression that was fake.

I thought back to when sam had come to see me. I felt a sensation of pain in my cgest. Sam why did you cheat me? Before my mind could go to dark places i washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom. Alex was sitting alone at the tsble. I noticed that our food had arrived.

"Why didnt you start?" I questioned him.
"I was waiting for you. What took you so long?" Alec asked.

I wanted to ask him why he was waiting for me. Why he was putting up this facade? He could just sign the diborce papers and finish up our relationship. Its not like we had any children.

Children.

My breath hitched fron the inside at that thought. What would our children look like? If we had a boy would he be like alex?

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Alex asked, causing me to look up at hik.
"Uh. Nothing really," i said, feeling my fave flame.
"Look i want us-

At that moment alex's ohone rang making me breath a sigh of relief. Atleast i didnt had to face any awkwards questions.

Alex

"Hey Trish. Whats up?" I asked.
"Why have you been hogging that wife of your alex?" Trish asked.
"No. Its not like that. She's actually with me," i said, watching mitchell eat her lunch.
"I am hosting a party for my birthday and you have to come. And you have to bring mitchell. Got it?" Trish asked.
"Got it noss," i said.
"Good," she said.

Ending the call i said, "that was Trish. She said she was holding a party and ihave to bring you with me."
"Ok," she shrugged.
"Arebt you going to say anything?" I asked.

Mitchell was a mystery in herself. She was caring and soft spoken. Quite opposite me.

"I dont know what to say," mitchell shrugged.

We finished our lunch and i paif for our food even though mitchell insusted.

"Look here's my card. You can go shopping anytime," i said, holding out my card to her.
"I can shop with my own money," she said.
"Mitcgell dobt be so difficult please. I am your husband. Its my job to look after you," i said.
"I have a job as well. Id dont need your money," she said stubbornly.

I sighed and drove back towards the office. Back in my own office i sat down on my desk and ran a frustrated hand through my hair. What was the problem with mitchell? Why was she so difficult?

I wanted to know mitchell some more. And when i wanted to take some steps farwors she would take several steps backwards making us stand at number 0 again.

Picking up my phone again i dialled Trish's number.

"Hey big B. Whats up?" Trish asked.
"Look trish, i want mitchell to buy a dress of her liking for your party but she wont accept my credit card," i sighed.
"So? Why dont you take her shopping?" She asked.
"Nope. I am not taking her out shopping. I thought that if you could maybe go with her? But you have to pay with my card," i said.

Trish laughed making me frown. What the hell was so fujny?

"I didnt know that Alex had a soft tissue in his body," Trish said.
"Look trish. I am making this matriage just because of you guys," i said.
"I know. I know. You could have given her a divorce and gotten rid oc her," she said.
"But everytike i try to take a step farword she takes several steps bavk. I dont know what to do!" I exvlaimed.
"Dont worry i will talk to mitxhell about it," dhe said.

The rest of the day passed uneventfully as i did my office work. On the drive back to our apartment the ride was silent. And i didnt pester mitvhell again.

Sorry its short! Feedback is appreciated! :)

Chocolate-Lover93