Chapter 14

Alex

I couldnt slerp at all last night. What the fuck was my problem? Why the hell did i found myself wishing to be with mitchell all the time? Or thst she would have been with me all this time.

And when i kissed her it felt different. Even different than when i kissed the bitch that cheated on me. I had thought about calling her but i couldnt just let myself do it. She cheated on me. The women i thought loved me truly only used me.

I threw my cell phone on the table beside me and plaved my head on my hands. A knock sounded on the door making me glance up.

"Yes," i called.

The door opened and in came mitchell. Mitchell came in carrying two cups of what looked like tea.

"Um i thouggt you might want some coffee since you looked tired," miychell said, glancing at the tray.
Clearing my throat i said,"thanks. Do you mind if you sit with me?"

At my words mitchell looked up at me her face full of surprise.

"Really? I mean are you sure?" Mitcgell asked.
"I wouldnt have asked you if i didnt mean it," i said.

I felt the neef to get to know mitchell. I mean if i was stuck up with her the leadt i could do was get to know her. She was now working in my compAny. She was my collegue as well. Mitcgell sat down at the edge of my bed hesitantly.

"Why dont you sit down comfortably? If you didnt want to fall that is," i said smirking.

My talkative side was coming back on. Mitchell afjusted herself on the bed still staring at her cup. I frowned a bit not liking the fact that she thought the cup was more interesting than me. Hell i wasnt even sure why i felt the need to get to know her.

"Why did you go homr?" I asked.
"Um just wanted to," she said.
"Look i know that we arent the best couple there is but i want to improve things between us," i said.

It was the truth too. I mean if we were stuck in a relationship the lrast we could do was work things amicably. I didnt want us to constantly fight over the smallest things.

"How are we going to do that?" She asked
"Well we could get to know each other," i suggestrd.
"You think thats really going to work?" She asked.
"Well it has worked for many people why not us?" I asked, shrugging.

Before the two of us could say anything my phone rang.

"Yes?" I asked.
"Saddie and Sam are back from their honeymoon," Derrick said

I felt all tge energy drain out of me at that. Saddie was back? Why? Why had she come back? Just to goad on me? That she had a better life now with sam? Why?

"Are you sure?" I asked, my voice sharp.
"Yes. I saw them in the neighborhood," derrick said.
"Damnit!" I cursed loudly.

Hanging up the phone i slammed my fist upon the table. Just when i thought that i had setyled in with mitchell my past demons had come.

"Whats wrong?" Mitchell asked.
"That bitch is back who cheated on me!" I growked, glaring at her.

Mitchell

I felt my face pale at his words. Sam was back? I thought he had moved out and woulfnt come back. Why did he come back?

"Why?" I whisprred
"HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW?" Alex yelled

I jumped vack at alrx loud voice. He was angry. I watcged silently as alex grabbed his car keys and walked off. All day long i waited aroubd for Alex to come back. But when evening came and he still didnt come back; i grew worried.

I mean sure things werent great between us but he was angry when he left. I have heard of quite a few incidents where people stormed out angry only to harm themselves in some way. My head exploded from all these thoughts. I has called alex so manty times yet he hadnt once picked up.

The ringing of the bell made me jump from nerves. Quickly rushing to the door i opened it without looking through the peep hole. If i had looked i wouldnt have opened the door. So imagije my surprise when i saw the one person who shattered my heart standing on the other side of the door.

"Sam?"

Disbelieve clear in my voice. What was he doing here? Why had he come here?

"Arent you going to invite me in?" Sam asked
"Nope," i said, crossing my arms over my chest.
"Come on mitchell i know you still want me back," sam said.
"Want you back?" I scoffed, "you are yhe last thing i want back Sam."
"I see. You have made youeself comfortable here i guess. You dont need me now," he said.
"I donr need you? You never left me a choice sam!" I exclaimed.

All the heartache that i had been lockdd up safely inside cane crashing down.

"Let me in please. I need to explaim," sam said.

His blue eyes stared into minr beesechingky. The same blue eyes that i had fallen in love so quickly. How could i have thought that a guy like him would like a girl like me?

"Whats rhere to explain? You werent there when i needed answers. Why do you care now?" I asked, my expression and voice cold.

Befoee i could protest sam had pushed me back insise the apartmenr closong the door behind him. My eyes went wide at tge determined look in his eyes.

"Telk me mitchell. Is alex any good in bed? Did he make you feel food? Did he satisfy you?" Sam asked.
"He-abd i- we havent-

I couldnt even complete my senteemce because of the clot that formed in my throat.

"You havent had sex yet? Alex hadnt had tpuched you in an intimate way? Wait. He doesnt even talk to you right? He thinks that you are a mistake in his life," sam sneered.

My eyes welled ip in tears at sam's harsh words. Yes i was a mistake in alex's lofe. His life wasnt made for me. I wasnt made for him. But then where did i belong?

"You have only me to depend on Mitchell. Onlybi can satisfy your needs," sam said.

With every step he took i toom one step back until my back hit the wall.

"We are finished sam. We were finished drom the moment you cheated on me with saddie," i said.

Sam didnt speak; instead he slammed his lips against mine in a fierce abs possessive way.

Oooohhhh!! Sam got back! What will mitchell do now? A quick update! Feedback would be appreciated! :)

Chocolate-Lover93