Chapter 20

Alex

The next day was Sunday. Both mitchwll and i were at home. I was in the living room watching tv as mitchell dis the cleaning. Well i was watching her more than the tv. She had hardly spoken to me since our luncb and i wondered why. Our communication had gotten so much better. Trish's birthday party was this Friday. I had texted Trish to come and take mitchell shopping.

I watched as she skretched out her back and flooped down on the chair opposite me. She looked tired as she massaged her neck muscles. I contemplated whether to give her a massage or not. Woulf she even like it? I mean she had herself hiven me massages twice herself. It was obvious i should do the same to her.

Getting up ftom my chair i walked farwords until i reached mitchell. Going around her chair i gently reolaced her hands and started massaging her neck. Her skin felt so smooth and soft. Exactly like silk. I kneeded her shoulder muscles and heard her sigh.

"Thanks sam. That feels so good," she moaned out.

I froze as i heard her words. Sam? She was thinking of sam? Why the hell was she thinkikg of that bastard? He broke her heart! I removed my hands from her skin. I coyldnt touch her knowing that she was thinking about her ex-lover.

"Why did you stop sam?" She protested.

I glared at her closed eyes wishing i could go and squeeze the life out of that good for nothing slime ball! But i didnt want to go to jail so early.

"Its me alex. Not sam," i said sharply.

Mitchells eyes fluttered open as she sat up straight. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at my angry expression.

"I am sorry alex! I actually didnt mean to say that out loud!" Mitchell exclaimed.
"So you were thinking about him," i said.

It was more like a statement rather than a question. At my statement mitchell casted her eyes downwards.

"You have to understanf alex. He was my first love. I fell head over heels for him. It was like love at first sight for me," mitchell said.
"Oh yeah? Then dont speak his name in my spartment! If it wasnt for you saddie would still be with me!" I huffed.
"Why are you blamming me? I was cheated along with you!" She exclaimed.
"Saddie was your best friend right? So who says you are the same?" I glared at her.

I hated tbe thought of mitchell being like saddie. If anything i wanted her to prove to me that she wasnt at all like the others. That she wouldnt just up and leave me. That she woulfnt just break my trust. I dont think i have it in me to go over the heartbreak again.

"Why are you comparing me to saddie? If i was anything like her then i would have cheated on sam instead the other way around!" Mitchell glared back at me.
"Oh yeah? Then what was trevordoing in your office the other day?"

Mitchell

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I stared at him confused.
"Why the hell was that trevor in your office wven i came to get you for lunch?" Alex glared at me.

I then remembered that the trevor guy had come to my office. He was a pretty decent guy if i do say so myself. He didnt try hitting on me.

"He just came to introduce himself to me. Thats all," i said.

Why the hell was alex so hell bend on arguing with me? Why were we arguing in the first place anyway?

"Look alex cant we have a cordial talk just for once?" I asked.

For once i actually wanted to speak to alex in a friendly way without hetting in an argument. I actually wanted to know him but he was proving to be far more hard than i imagined.

"Trish is coming to take you shopping," alex said.
"Why?" I asked.
"She's holding her birthday party this friday. I asked her to take you out shopping," he said.
"I already have too many dresses alex. I dont need anything," i said.
"You are going shopping and thats final," he said.

With that said, alex walked out of the room making me sigh. He was so complexed! One second he was so angry the next he was friendly. I didnt know what to make of him. I decided to call mom. It had been a while.

"Hey mom," i said, trying not to cry.
"Hey mitxh! How are you? Hows alex treating you?" Mom asked.
"I am fine mom. I miss you all. How are jared and kyle? I dont know mom," i sighed.
"They all miss you very much. Why whats wrong mitchell?" Mom asked.
"Hes so complexed mom. I dont know how to act around him," i sighed.
"He isnt abusive is he?" She asked
"No mom. Alex isnt like that," i said.

I really didnt knew how to explain it to mom.

"Well thats good. You know you can always come home if you like," mom said.
"One of alexs friend is coming to take me shopping. Its her birthday part this friday," i said.
"Oh thats sweet of him. Why dont you have dinner with us today? Your dad misses you lots," mom said.
"I dont know mom if alex woulf like it," i said.
"Give the phone to him. I want to talk to him," mom said firmly.

I sighed. I knew that there was no talking back to mom. I walked up to alexs room and knocked slightly. Opening the door i enterrd his room to find him working on the laptop.

"My mom wants to talk to you," i told him, holding out my phone.

I could tell by alexs expression that he wasnt thrilled at all but he reluctamtly agreed. Giving the phone back to me i saw mom had hung up.

"Be home by eight. We are having dinner at your house," alrx said shortly.

A few minutes later trish came and the two of us went out shopping with alex literally throwing his credit card at my face.

So the last chapter!

Dont be sad! Its not the end of the book! Lol! This is the last chapter of 2016! The next one will be published next year!😁

What do you think about alex and mitchell?

Chocolate-Lover93