Thanos

“Kathryn, we have to go! We have to go now!” Sif shouted angrily at me. The sound of my children crying finally reached my brain. But I could not leave my best friend’s side.

“You don’t understand,” I whispered as tears streamed down my face. “She was my best friend. I knew her from Vanaheim.”

“The one with the tally marks?” Sif guessed.

I nodded. “All this time, I never knew it was her. She saved my life. And what did I do to repay her?” I rose from the floor, my body covered in blood, and screamed a scream of agony. The crimson letters on my arms shone brightly. I could feel something bubbling up inside me that was ancient and wild. They were like flames in my heart that burned me from the inside out. The pain drove me to my knees again at Choy’s side. I had to do something. I had to let out the flames.

I looked to Kruppel. There was a sharp pain in my head and suddenly my body ignited. Sif’s high-pitched scream shook me to my very being. She thought I was burning alive. I knew what it really was. My powers were under my control at last. Laughing madly, I dove into the part of my mind that had lain dormant for so long and found that I could feel the fire. It was scarlet. I could also see other colors: blue and brown and white. I, however, focused on the red. It was the strongest. It was fire, the weapon of rage. And I was enraged.

I focused on the scarlet thread, turning it and shaping it with in my mind. The fire copied my instruction. I molded the thread into a ball and threw it at the dead frost giant on the floor. I continued to blast him with flames until his body was nothing but ashes.

I didn’t stop there, however. I wanted to see just how much damage I could create. I focused on the white thread next, and it seemed this was the only thread that I couldn’t create. I knew just how to mold the scarlet thread and the blue thread but not the brown one. There was barely even one strand of brown so I focused on the white. There was enough of the white thread to build a blanket. I picked it up and sent a massive spin of it into my bedroom wall, smashing the wall and sending bits of wood and gold spinning all around the room. I took the Jotun’s ashes and sent them spinning into the air like little snow flurries. Another blast of air smashed the bed, the wooden legs cracking like matchsticks. I set them alight with the scarlet thread, a blood-red smile on my face. I was vaguely aware of Sif calling my name and the cries of my children increasing as I destroyed my surroundings with uncontrollable rage. I focused on the brown thread then and felt down below the palace foundations where I knew the soil lay. Grinning evilly, I ripped the brown thread in half. There was a great, creaking smash as a great chasm down to the depths of the realm split me from Sif. It was probably wide enough for her to jump, but I knew she wouldn’t try with two babies in her arms.

I focused on the blue thread now, and found it abundant in the air around me. It rushed in streams below me and flowed through my body in the form of blood. The blue thread could only be water. I pulled a torrent of it from the chasm and used it to create a beautiful, wet explosion over me, soaking me with water and raining all over Sif and the kids. I was soaking wet and my white nightgown stuck to my body, showing off its perfect figure.

“KATHRYN!” Sif shouted, trying to shield the babies from the flying water. “WE HAVE TO GO! NOW!” The blood vessels in her eyes popped, turning them a bright red. I suddenly came to my senses. We had to go. Insane Loki. Right.

I pulled the chasm of earth back together and took both of the kids from Sif. “Where do I take them?” Using my powers for the first time had made me feel completely rejuvenated and I used it to my advantage before the pain struck again.

“The Bifrost. And hurry. I can’t go with you because I need to go to the Allfather, but you have to get to the Bifrost. You have to get there before Thor does. I’m not sure how much he’s changed, but I saw him kiss a mortal woman. He’s moved on from me and I don’t know what he’s capable of anymore. He might try to kill you. Frigga and I agree you have to get out.”