Pain

I shock wake and pop up in pain." Dick," screamed Bruce. I lay on the ground in dirt. It hurt, it all hurts." Dick relax, you are okay," said Bruce. I started to cry. I then remember Dami. I search my surroundings to see him conscious, talking to Black Canary. Tiredness approaches again. I can't fight to stay sitting. I fall back. I can't breath.
"Mami. Tati," I say through cries searching for air. Black spots appear in my vision. I just want to see my parents again. I want to be with them. I should have gone with them.
"Stay with me Dickie," Bruce says through the darkness. I can't, I can't fight any longer. Sleep takes hold, dragging me under." Stay with me."
   I woke to a light shining in my eyes." Dinah he's awake," screamed a voice. Pain takes over my body. I start to shake. "Quick put him under again. He will damage himself further. Hurry," black canary screamed. In the background the heart monitor picked up." Hurry, please!"
   I open my eyes to Bruce." Dick," he asked.
  "Where's Dami," is the only thing I ask, that is the only thing I can think of.
  "He's fine, just a few scratches. Nothing serious," he said swiping the hair out of my eyes.
  "Okay," I say," where am I?"
"You are at the Watchtower," he said, putting his hand on my arm.
"What happened," I ask.
"I caught you leaving the house and you lied to me saying you were going to the cemetery, where I went. Then after a while you didn't show so I get home. Hours later Talia Al Gul stands at my front door in a panic. I let her in and she explains that you and her met up. That you were taking Damian somewhere safe. Leaving the country when your plane got shot down by the Light. That they killed everyone on that plane except you two. Then that they couldn't find you two. So we went looking. Dick why," asked Bruce. Then I just cried.
   "I'm sorry Bruce," I say through shallow breaths.
  "I know birdie," he says standing up." I have to go check on Dami too now." I nod then he leaves.
I then sit alone in my room thinking of what all I lost. If only I could go back in time to change it. I wish. Then Wally zoomed in.
   "We are under attack," he screamed.
   "Who," I asked afraid of what is to come.
   "The Joker and Harley," Wally yelled.
   "Where's Batman," I ask.
   "He's knocked out! They are searching for you," he said trying to convince me not to leave.
  I jump out of the bed. My body screams in agony, but I ignore it. I grab an old utility belt and walk out. In the front room sits the Joker. All of my friends are knocked out on the floor and he is sitting on them.
   "See the boy Wonder lives," screams Harley then she giggles. The Joker then stands. I put on my huge smile and release my cackle I have been suppressing." See he's still ours," Harley said running and hugging the boy wonder. My smile grows.
   "Hey Uncle J and Aunt Harls," I say happily. The Joker started to walk around me, examining me." What do I have something on my face," I joke. Harley laughs but the Joker doesn't. The Joker gets closer to me.
"So if this is my boy, surely he won't have a problem with killing some one," he said taking a gun out. I gulp and nod. I take to gun and my mind goes crazy. What do I do? I can't shoot the Joker the Light will find out. Who do I shoot?
"Of course Uncle J," I laugh and this time he joins in. Who will die to keep my cover. Who do I like least. I like myself least, but that isn't a choice. They will kill everyone then, knowing their ways. Then I see the new Robin. I'm so sorry.
I walk over and kneel beside him. I press the barrel to his small head. Then I hear a familiar voice." Dick don't do it," it's Harley. I look up at her. She looks just as scared as me." Come on, why don't we torment them first," she begged the Joker. He glared at me.
"Fine, Renegade come with us. Slade misses you," the Joker said. I held the gun in my hand not wanting to give it to him. They walk to the Zeta beam and I follow. That will keep my friends safe.