Fighting

Hey, guys welcome back! I wrote another chapter. I don't really know what is going on. I am a little brain dead, but it is rewritten! 

Thank you guys so much for reading my books and supporting my writing. It really means a lot to me. So anyway, let's skip past this part you definitely aren't reading and get to the part you will kind of read. 

Get traught and be chalant. 

xoxo nightgirl2021

(Lane)

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

The wind whips past my face and Star's grip tightens as I lean the bike to take a turn. The world rushes around us. Buildings fly by and people freeze in their spots, watching us pass. Cars stop or pull to the side once they see the Titans' vehicles coming, leaving us plenty of room to maneuver through the crowded streets. Except this time we aren't riding into battle alone. In the air above us hovers the Bioship that weaves through the maze of buildings to keep up with us.

I know our destination. I know the confirmed targets. I know that this is a pretty common job for H.I.V.E., they always like to have new expensive things to decorate their headquarters. However, they never seem to get away with anything. Maybe they saw the Bioship fly in and assumed we were occupied with the League's company. I mean. Surely, they were aware there were more heroes in town. I don't know, nor do I really want to try and justify their reasons.

I stop the bike just short of the police barricade that surrounds the museum. Commissioner Lopez stops talking to his men once seeing us. He hurries from behind his cop car and starts towards us as another bomb from inside the museum goes off. Debris and shrapnel fly through the air and everyone ducks for cover. People rush forward to try and help everyone who was hit with wreckage. Lopez brushes the dust off his sleeve and continues to us.

"Commissioner," I greet and my team gathers up behind me. Lopez extends his hand for a quick shake and a soft smile.

"Titans, we are glad you can make it, " he starts and takes a quick look around, assessing the damage to our town." My men have reported that inside the museum there are four targets. Kitty and Jinx have made their way to the Crown Jewel exhibit while Mammoth and Gizmo have headed towards the new Monet display."

He continues with the information, but I can't help but notice something skirting along the roof. A solo shadow dances along the edge, peering down to get a good look at us. It pauses and I know that it is watching me. It taunts me, dangling a leg off the roof, acting as though they were going to jump. They never do though. They slowly pull their leg back underneath them. They give a single nod then jump back onto the roof, off the ledge they were previously on. They are waiting for me, but why?

"Robin," Cyborg calls out, breaking me from my trance. I glance back and notice everyone is trying to identify what I was looking at. They didn't see it." What's going on," Cyborg asks.

"I thought I saw something up there," I shrug and look back at my team. The League stands off in the distance waiting for an introduction. Some of the crowd gawks at them while the rest are too distracted to even notice or care.

  "Aqualad," I shout over the chaos. He and his team hurry up to our group." I want you to take my team into the museum. They can hold their own but you will need to get them into formation. I am going to investigate the roof."

Kaldur gives a curt nod not questioning my order. Young Justice runs for the entrance to the museum, my team trailing them. Raven glances back at me before she enters the building. Silently she shakes her head at me and her dark hair swishes around her face. Her dark eyes frantically searching my face. She doesn't want to tell the others obviously, but she is scared for me and I understand why. That will never happen again. It can't. I give a small nod. I know Raven. I know it's a trap.