Friendships

Hello, my beautiful babes!!! I come bearing gifts, believe it. Anyways, I hope y'all had a happy holiday. 

Thank you so much for reading and supporting me through this. I really love to read y'all's comments. Those are honestly some of the biggest reasons I keep going. Knowing people are still reading and enjoying my work really does a lot for my drive. I love you all!!! 

stay traught and be chalant <3

ps... slight TRIGGER WARNING - I'd rather be safe than sorry!! Nothing graphic just mentions of sensitive topics. 

nightgirl2021 (Lane)

()()()()()()()()()

"Well, welcome back to the world of the living, sleeping beauty," a voice calls, waking me. Tiredly, I raise my eyelids and quickly find the culprit. Fucking Wally. Of course.

"What? Did you wake me with a kiss," I can't help but laugh. I prop myself up on my elbow and grab the remote to the medical bed. I push the button and the top half rises to a sitting position. I sit back and look at Wally.

"Well if it would've made you wake up faster, I might have given it a shot." Wally shrugs his shoulders and puckers his lips at me. His eyebrows shoot up and down.

"My hero," I snort, shaking my head.

"Only yours. Not like it's my job or anything," he jokes, going to sit in the armchair behind him. I roll my eyes but I can't force back the smile from my cheeks.

"So, where's the team?"

"Which one," Wally asks, trying his best to not let bitter slip in. He keeps a tight-lipped smile on his face.

"Both." I don't want to anger him, but it's like I have to watch every word I say. I don't want to hurt Wally. He was never the target.

"They are both still here. I think the Titans are in the training room, running fight sequences... which I assume is your doing. Young Justice, I think, is in the living area. Probably just talking. I don't know where the League is," he admits.

"So instead of spending time or bonding, you are watching me sleep?"

"No! Raven just said you would be waking soon. It was pretty much a race between me and Starfire as to who got here first. Of course, I won," he brags." Not that she seemed to mind once she saw me here... She seems nice."

"She is." That is all I can think to say as I look at Wally's distraught face." So, how long is the team staying?"

"Here? I don't know. Bruce didn't give us a timeframe. Not that we gave him much of a choice," he shares with a chuckle as he is trying to lean back in the chair. He raises his leg and throws it across the other as he crosses his arms. He's trying to look relaxed, but he's closing himself off.

"What's wrong?"

"Please, Dick. I didn't come here to open that can of worms right now. I just wanted to talk to you, to see you. Believe it or not, I missed you," he sighs, exasperated, forcing a small laugh at the end.

"I know, Wally. I listen to the voicemails." He freezes. He doesn't move a singular muscle. His eyes flash to me for a second then quickly dart away once making eye contact.

"But you never call back," he whispers, not looking at me. He stares at the top of his worn-out converse.

The room stills as I don't know what to say. I want to say that it had nothing to do with him, but my actions seem to show differently. I want to say that I was mad at Bruce, then why did I cut Wally out? All Wally ever did was stand by my side and I just left him. I left him there without a goodbye. Maybe it was because goodbyes are too hard, but that's not true. No goodbye was only easier for me. Wally was left wondering in pain. I left him to think the worst.