New Year's // Barry Allen

Since it's New Years, here you go loves.

It was New Year's day and I woke up excited. It was the last day of the year I could finally get rid of 2016 let's just say this year sucked. I got up to a warm cozy house. It was clean, candles were everywhere.  I  wore my pajamas and I walked into the kitchen.

" Good morning dear,"  my mother said flipping pancakes in the skillet as I went to the coffee maker and poured me a cup of coffee.

" Morning mom," I said

" So I have some news that might brighten your day." I could just feel her smile as I set down at the counter.

"What is it?" I asked excitedly

"Do you remember the Allen's Nora and Henry?"

"Not quiet. I was a toddler. I've heard you talk about them."

" Oh (Y/N) I can't believe you don't remember. You don't remember Barry their son? You both use to play together when you were about two."

"It doesn't ring a bell." I said trying to think. I think I remembered  something I had just forgot about him."

"Anyway they have moved back to town right after Christmas and your father and I have invited them over tonight."

"oh," I said as I thought how would this be fun for me. 

" I also invited Barry." she lingered putting a plate of pancakes in front of me. "I thought you could hang out together, get to know each other." she said as I took a bite into my pancakes.

"oh okayyy," I said chewing.

"I'm serious (y/n) you need to meet new people, get to know someone, preferably a male." she said looking at me sipping her coffee.

"mommmmm," I can't believe she was trying to hook me up with someone. "

"(y/n) you're 17 years old. You can't stay cooped up in your room reading fanfiction and watching Netflix."

I blushed at her remark.

"We'll see." I said walking off to my room to binge watch Glee on Netflix.

"Be ready by 7!" she yelled as I had already gotten to the top of the stairs.

I binged watched 5 episodes of glee plus paused a couple of times to check social media. I'm not gonna lie; I was pretty excited about tonight. I just had no luck in finding the one so far or anyone for that fact and so I was hoping he might be it ...someday once I get to know him.

It was 5 o'clock and I decided to make me a hot bath. I got in and began reading fanfiction, obviously. I hope I'm not the only one who does this and risks dropping their phone in the tub.

    Believe it or not an hour had passed. I got out drying myself off and wrapped my hair in the towel. I got dressed and brushed my hair then I put gel in it to make the curls not so frizzy and stay in place. After this I went and set at my makeup mirror and began to do my makeup. I'm a total makeup freak, so it takes me a good hour too do it when I do everything.  I do foundation, concealer, my eyebrows, eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, like 6 coats of mascara, fake eyelashes, contour, setting powder, and highlight, yeah.... a lot.

I get done by 6:59 on the dot. I made my way down the stairs, and then I heard the door bell. Wow these people have good time management. I could hear mom and dad greeting them as I was almost to the bottom. I stepped down I looked into the most beautiful green eyes I'd ever seen. I stopped a minute I wanted to look into those eyes forever.

"Come here I haven't seen you in forever." A female voice jerked me into reality hugging me.

"oh hi," I said snapping me out of the gaze with Barry.  She let go and a man, must be Mr. Allen hugged me.

"hi,sweetie," He said hugging me. I could feel the cold air on me that they brought in.

"Hi," I breathed out. It all was happening fast,

" I guess I should give you a hug too. It's been a long time."  Barry said. I could feel his warm breath as he come towards me hugging me. His grip was so firm and his body was warm. I could barely let go when he pulled away. Our parents began walking to the kitchen so we followed.  Mom cooked a nice homemade meal so we all set down to eat. It seemed Barry and I couldn't keep from looking at each other. Our parents talked up a storm and told a couple of embarrassing toddler stories that left us wanting to just crawl under the table.

" So (y/n) how is school going? Is the high school good?"  Mrs. Allen asked.

" School is going well. I'm honestly ready to get out." I chuckled. "And the school is pretty nice actually. Very good teachers who are compassionate and want to help you learn."

" That's good. We want Barry to be in a very good school system. You wouldn't mind me asking if you would show him around do you?"

"oh no, of course not Mrs. Allen." she smiled.

We set there for probably another hour and a half of them just talking and me and Barry giving glances he even gave me a smile. I liked it.

We finally moved into the living room. They continued to talk in the dinning room while I walked into the living room turning the Ryan secrest countdown on. I felt  a presence follow behind me. I turned around and it was Barry.  "Mind if I sit with you?" He asked.

"No not at all." I smiled. He plopped down on the couch besides me. I could feel a weird little tension.  DNCE came on. I really liked them. "I love them. " Barry remarked.

"Yeah, me too." I exclaimed.

"Good brains think alike." he smiled.

"You are exactly right." I smiled back.

Barry and I watched the New Years party for the past two hours and a half. We have talked about ourselves, school, how school will be for him here, hobbies, our lives. we literally talked about everything. We had moved very close to each other emotionally and physically. We heard a loud laugh roar from the dinning room. They must be cutting up about something. I could see them drinking champagne. That reminded me of something.

" I'll be back." I said. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed two wine glasses and my grape juice out of the refrigerator. I walked into the living room Barry gave me a look.

"Don't worry Mr. Allen its only grape juice." I set down by him.

"May I?" He asked. I handed the bottle over putting the glasses on the table. As he poured I looked up at the countdown. Only ten minutes till midnight. He handed me my glass and we clicked them together,

"To new beginnings." He said.

"To new beginnings." then we took a sip.

We set back down on the couch we laid against each other, and I was totally okay with that. My hand laid on my thigh. He slid his warm hand on mine and looped his fingers in mine. I looked up and smiled. He smiled back.  Our parents walked in the living room.

" Seven minutes," I said to them.

"Almost time," Mr. Allen said. They all set on the other couch. I wandered if they saw us holding hands.

We watched Panic at the Disco perform and when that ended the count down began.

"10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...." We threw our hands in the air and all yelled Happy New year's. Then out the blue dad kissed mom and Mr. Allen kissed Mrs. Allen. I looked at Barry. We looked into each others eyes.

"Why not?" he said pushing his warm plump lips into mine.  we pulled away as a rumble of clapping was happening. We turned around and our parents were clapping. We both blushed and I did the boldest thing and kissed Barry Allen back.