Twenty Six

Song is Summer Girl by Sulaiman Azimi. Video in the sidebar!

Twenty Six

The next day Cecilia felt more calm, more focused.

She had a task to do, and in order to bring it through, she’d need to be collected and discreet.

Malorie didn’t go to school, and no way in hell was she letting her daughter spend their last day together in a classroom. So when Malorie was all ready to go to the beach, as was Pierce, Cecilia hoped that it would be a calm relaxed day.

Before they left, Cecilia got the mail. A letter came from Maureen for Pierce. She knew what it was, and snuck it into her purse. She would put it somewhere he could find it after she left, so he knew that she had planned this.

Though she didn’t want to do it, she needed to.

“You coming?” Pierce asked her. Cecilia smiled, and nodded, quickly getting in car.

They arrived at the beach minutes later. It was a plus that Pierce bought a house so close to the ocean.

The minute Pierce put the car into park Malorie was out of her seat and running into the water. Cecilia groaned and shot a scathing look in Pierce’s direction.

“What?” He innocently said.

“Now I’m never going to get her out of the water, I swear, she’s part sea nymph!”

Pierce laughed, and Cecilia could’ve sworn she caught a little dimple on his left cheek.

“I’ll get her for you,” Pierce supplied, and kissed her tenderly, smiling when he saw how flustered it made her.

“You better,” Cecilia muttered embarrassingly.

 Again he laughed, making her heartbeat quicken, and got out of the car, chasing after the little bubbly blonde. Cecilia sighed, and hoped, oh she hoped, that Pierce would be true to his word about taking care of Malorie.

That little girl didn’t deserve anymore heartbreak.

While Pierce chased Malorie down and managed to lather her up in sunscreen, he didn’t notice how his mate was wearing really, really low shorts and a white, almost see-through shirt. When he did notice though, his eye twitched.

Is there any were private on a beach?

He rid the naughty thoughts he was thinking, and flushed slightly when Cecilia spared him a knowing glance, feeling his emotions.