Two

Two

It was at least a couple of hours before everything quieted down.

We were lucky that when my grandpa Jim built the whole pack house over fifty years ago, that he made the basement sound proof. The only problem with that is he forgot to make the gate sound proof.

So every time a werewolf came down to try to open the gate, we all stopped breathing, moving, and thinking, hoping that none of us slipped us and notified the werewolf.

“Cece I’m hungry,” Malorie whined, and she shimmied down my lap onto the floor, where she ran to one of the kitchens.

I rolled my eyes, and got up, following her.

Nana Evers and a few other females were seated around the large table in the middle of the room. Nana seemed to give me a pointed look, and moved her eyes to a door.

It was as if she was saying; come here when you’re done.

Which is exactly what I did after I got Malorie her yogurt.

I locked the bathroom door after both Nana and I entered, and made sure that none of the ladies could here us.

“What do you need to talk to me about?” I asked in a low voice.

“We need to vacate soon. The intruders seem to not be moving or leaving any time near.”

“So we’re using the passageway?”

Nana nodded, “yes. All the older females will lead the teenagers and little kids out. Then it will be the mated females, then the unmated, you and I.”

I took it all in, remembering the plan. “When does this start?”

“At quarter to six, we will begin,” Nana opened the bathroom door and walked away.

I sighed, and looked at my watch; it just turned three in the afternoon.

The teenagers and little kids looked restless when I came back into the living room. Ben a ten year old, and Perry, a sixteen year old, were fighting over the television. The other kids continuously rolled their eyes and watched as the two werewolves fought.

Was I like that when I was their age?

Nah.

Leila was animatedly eating popcorn in the home theatre as she watched ‘How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days’. Her feet were propped up on the ataman. It was kind of repulsing, actually. Seeing her chipped nail polish and stubby toes.

Leila owned a very feminine body. One that had every curve right and rounded. She had C-cup breasts that proportioned her body evenly, and a midnight black head of curly hair.

Her mother -who is part Greek- gave her the dark mane of curls. Her father -who is half Indian- gave her the dark eyes and skin.

Compared to me, we were polar opposites. My mother gave me her Irish fiery red hair, while my father gave me his emerald green eyes and tall limber body.

I was sometimes suggested that I could be a cougar shifter, to which I would always snarl and hiss at.

Let’s just say werewolves and cougar shifters aren’t the best of friends.

Fortunately for both races, werewolves live in Northern America and Europe, as cougar shifters live in Australia or South America.

I plopped my body down in the seat next to Leila’s.

“Where’s your Ma?”

Leila shrugged, still plowing down on the popcorn, “I think putting the babies down for a nap. You know how she gets.”