Thirty Two

Thirty Two

The food tasted like sandpaper as it slid down her throat. She only ate for the growing child inside her stomach. If she weren’t pregnant, the food she was swallowing would still be sitting on the tray in front of her.

“Kris Cecil Stalin, I like the sound of that, don’t you?” George asked. He was gorging himself with the food in his hands.

Cecilia didn’t answer. Nothing that involved him ever sounded good, and all she wanted to do was yell to him that she would name her pup, boy or girl, and that he was never going to be the father.

“Cheer up! We’re having a baby!”

The food she swallowed threatened to come up, but she gulped it back down. Vomiting on the one person who threatened your safety wasn’t a good idea.

Cecilia attempted to smile in the most honest way possible, but the sight of the man who wanted to claim her baby as theirs was not a sight she wanted to smile at.

“I’m not hungry anymore,” she murmured, pushing away the box.

“You need to eat,” George spoke between chewing. “it’s not good for the baby to not eat.”

“I’m full,” she stated more firmly.

George threw his food across the room; it spattered across the wall and stained the paint. He laughed sadistically.

“All I’m trying to do is help you Cecilia! Is it too hard to accept that I want to care for the pup your bastard of a mate made?”

“He is not a bastard!” Cecilia spat, and covered her stomach from his eyes. As if they were acid that could burn a hole to the pup.

“Oh, he isn’t is he?” George walked forward until he was right in front of her, and placed his repulsive hands on her hips, his thumbs rubbing the slightly swollen skin. “But I suppose your baby is, isn’t it? Since you two fucked and hadn’t even married yet, your babies the actual bastard!

Not to worry though, I’ll marry you. I’ll be the strong Alpha with a beautiful wife and a baby that everybody will think is mine. Brilliant plan huh? I’ll treat him like my own son and he won’t even question where he really came from.”

“It could be a girl, I told you my wolf hasn’t been able to figure it out.”

“Well she better! I want a damn son! I’d love a daughter just as much, but women aren’t capable of being Alpha’s. You’re living proof of that.”

That was low.

Cecilia set her jaw and raised her head with the confidence of her father. “We won’t know until my pup is born.”

Chortling, George kissed her cheek, and in the process, grabbed her bottom. “We’ll see. But rest assured, if it is a girl, I expect you to conceive a male heir soon after the girl is born.”