Seven

Seven

It was hours before Pierce was too exhausted to run more. When his mate said the words he regretted most in the world.

Maybe I don't want to be your mate!

The words echoed in his mind with each fast-paced breath he took as he was running.

Sweat poured down his back as he slipped into his house naked.

It was handy to be an alpha of a non-nosy pack.

The sun was just rising when he did enter his house, and it didn't even faze him that he spent almost nine hours running non-stop.

Though his muscles were sore and aching.

Pierce took a quick shower before going into the kitchen for coffee. Even though he was exhausted, his mind wouldn't let him go to sleep.

He didn't want to go to sleep either. All his dreams would consist of is his mate's silky skin and luscious body.

Pierce shook his head growling. Thinking about her wouldn't help his case. He was already aroused at that little image of her.

"God dammit Pierce, cut it out," he snarled to himself. The coffee wasn't helping the fact that he was now in a buzz. With her image in his mind, it was a deadly combo.

Someone was bound to get hurt.

Pierce's phone went off, and he slid the screen open. "Hello?"

"Sir, Alpha Stalin of the Western Creek Pack has requested a meeting with you."

"About what?" Pierce scowled, George Stalin wasn't one of the people on Pierce's like list. He constantly asked for meetings, and would make no use of them, and when Pierce held a gathering for different packs to come, George attempted 'key word' to insult and humiliate Pierce.

In the end it was George insulted and humiliated.

"He wants to talk about a rogue who escaped from his land a few months ago. He thinks the rogue came here."

Pierce huffed, "fine. Send him to my office. I'll be there in twenty."

He ended the call before Ben could answer a reply, and stomped to his bedroom.

Stop acting like a fucking five year old, his wolf growled, you are an alpha, act like one.

Pierce knew that his wolf wasn't really mad at him, but at the fact that their mate didn't want them.

Slowly getting dressed, Pierce stalled as long as possible. When his shoes were on and he had nothing else to do, he finally left his house, and got in his car.

Fifteen minutes later and a second cup of coffee, Pierce arrived at Harvey Tower.

His father built up the business, making it one of the best mass-marketing businesses in America.

Harvey tower was the only thing Pierce didn't change. It was his father's, and it would stay that way, in image and in production.

"Good morning Mr. Harvey," Derek, the security guard nodded, and he reciprocated.

Pierce slumped against the elevator wall as the doors closed. Even without his coffee, he was starting to self-exhaust.

The doors dinged open, and he slid out of the elevator. Avery, his assistant, was -as usual- was typing away on the computer. Her button down was unbuttoned below the curve of her breast, and Pierce grit his teeth.

Avery was the person Pierce would go to for comfort after his father died. After that, she was just a friend that helped out a lot.

Now, the sight of her repulsed him.