Fifteen

Fifteen

Cecilia tucked the blankets tightly around her daughter’s sleepy frame, a yawn encasing her mouth.

It was well after Malorie’s bed time. Cecilia forgot what happened when Malorie was given even a slight hint of sugar.

Now she will remember for a while.

She’d have to remember to wash up before bed, since she still had the sticky substance of ice cream on her cheeks and in her hair.

“Night Mommy,” Mal murmured tiredly, and closed her eyes. Seconds later her breathing evened out and her body relaxed into the bed.

“Night my sweet babe,” Cecilia kissed her daughter’s hair, and left her room.

Cecilia heard the television quietly in the living room, and hesitated.

Talk to him, her wolf begged painfully.

She wanted to, but it was hard. Earlier she’d watched Pierce and Malorie as they went through the zoo. He was happy, and fun. And treated Cecilia’s daughter as if she were his own.

Cecilia had these thoughts earlier, and her wolf couldn’t help but question to her what it would be like if they had a child together.

Please, her wolf all but cried, go.

Sighing, she gave in, and shuffled into the living room. Immediately she felt his gaze on her downcast face.

“Thank you,” she whispered, “for doing that for us.”

“Anytime,” Pierce smiled sadly, and patted the seat next to him.

Cecilia sat down, but left a little bit of space in between them. Her emotions were unstable, and dangerous.

“I-I want you to know that if this were any different, I’d want it, but I can’t.”

A hurt expression overcame Pierce’s face, and he gritted his teeth.

“Why?” He choked out, and Cecilia was surprised to hear how defenseless he sounded, how vulnerable.

“I can’t tell you,” Cecilia sighed, “if I do. Then you’d try your hardest to help and to be with me.”

“But why can’t I be with you? There’s nothing between us. We’re mates. We’re supposed to be together. Don’t you see that?”

Cecilia’s eyes teared up, and she refused to look away from him. She refused to show her weakness for him.

“I told you before, maybe I don’t want to be mates.”

A quiet growl erupted from Pierce’s chest, and Cecilia was surprised that she needed to hold in the urge to calm his distress.

“You are mine. I’m yours. I will make sure nothing stands in between us.”

Pierce shut the television off, and slammed the remote down on the coffee table, stomping out of the room.

For the first time in months, Cecilia allowed herself to release a lone tear down her cheek.

----------------------------

Sorry! I know it's EXTREMELY short, but I felt that it added more effect to the scene.

I promise that Pierce and Cecilia will get together soon, just need to plot it up!

Vote it! Share it! Love it!

-Lunalove673

P.S.

Malorie will played by the cute Teddie Henwitch. Picture in the sidebar!