2.4 | personal darkness

personal darkness

as told by everest

For once, my wit came as a positive thing. I felt so charming, telling you how I felt so poetically and uniquely. I could tell you liked it, although you held a grudge and denied everything I said. I still liked complimenting you, though, because I knew I would break through sooner or later.

So, when you sat down next to me that Friday, my heart feeling like it was full of lead because I would not be able to see you for the next two days, I instantly started with my charm.

"Hello, star," I said, scooting towards the window to make room for you.

"What?" you asked, plopping down next to me and placing your bag on your lap. I just smiled.

"Have you ever heard this quote?" I questioned.

"Pardon?" The look of confusion on your face was priceless.

"'Stars cannot shine without darkness,'" I recited.

"I don't understand," you said. "Are you saying I have darkness? I don't kick puppies, for your information."

I laughed. "No, I'm saying that you are going through rough times. Your personal darkness."

You narrowed your eyes. "Are you a mind reader?"

"So I'm right?"

"About what?"

"Your personal darkness."

You fell silent. "I guess so."

I frowned. "Care to explain? I could help you, Charlotte."

"Not right now, Everest. And it's Char."