Twenty-Six

The next morning, when Kats parents arrive, I ran out of the territory and follow the scent of a herd of deer. Well into the heart of the Yellowstone park and still on the trail of the the herd, the scent just stops. I decide to hightail it out of there. I make my way out of Yellowstone territory in a few minutes and on the edge of our dens territory. I follow a different trail and cross paths with a injured buck and instantly take it down. Must have been a fight over the herd. I carry it back to the den and drop it outside.

"Kitten." I say when I walk into the den. I growl when I see her parents tranquilized and growl more when I hear her down in the emergency den with someone. She yells and I restlessly struggle to get down there. She quickly runs up the tunnel and into my chest with her tail tucked. What is with these idiots.

"He attacked them. Are they ok?" She asks looking at her parents from her spot against my chest. I nod and go to them. I bite their necks letting some of my saliva seep into their wounds to help them recover faster

"Kitten we have to move dens. They are too much of a danger to us." I link her and she nods.

"I think he put a tracker in my hip." She whimpers licking the slightly tinted red fur on the back of her left hip. Bro. That's too close to any private areas. Aren't those supposed to go in shoulders or something.

"This is gonna hurt kitten. But it will heal within a few days." I tell her and she nods tucking her face into my chest. I bite the skin just around the little pill shaped tracker and pause.

"Ready?" I ask and she shakes her head. She grabs a bone and then nods.

"Alright on three." I say and she nods.

"One" I start and rip away the skin. She howls in pain and the bone shatters to pieces. She whimpers and I lick the wound. I spit the chip out and she starts to sit.

"No don't sit." I quickly say when she starts to sit.

"You'll get an infection." I say and she nods.

"I'll pick out this den." I say and she nods again whimpering from the pain.

"I'm sorry kitten." I mutter licking the wound again. She whimpers and tries to pull away.

"Stay there kitten. It'll help clean and heal it." I whisper and she nods holding her back leg up.

"What happened to the guards?" I ask.

"I don't know. He must have done something to them." She says and we look at her parents who are now fully awake.

"You wouldn't happen to have medical supplies, would you?" Kat asks and her mother nods.

"Yes. We also have Marcus outside if you'd let him look at her." Her father responds and I stiffly nod.

"Fine." I say past clenched teeth.

"Let's go. We are moving dens. More into the heart of the pack away from the Yellowstone park." I growl and lift Kat.

"Ready?" I ask looking at Kats parents. They nod and I lead the way. Marcus meets us at the entrance of the den with Peter next to him. I lead the way with everyone close behind. When Kat starts to complain about her leg I gently lay her down on a patch of grass and I clean the wound. When Marcus steps closer to see I growl and Kats mom nips his hip.

"Not now Marcus. They just attacked her. His wolf is still on edge." Her father stated and Marcus nods. When she slowly starts to lull asleep, I lift her by her scruff again and continue the 'movement'.

We walk for nearly an hour, my kitten asleep in my jaw and my wolf antsy. He doesn't like how Kat is out in the open like this. He can also see some of the guard wolves running a circle around us and he doesn't like that either.