Chapter Four

|EDITED|

HAPPY HALLOWEEN READERS.

The next time I'm conscious, I'm being carried. Not by my mate. But he is defiantly a beta. I can't believe he let another man touch me. Normal mates wouldn't let a man within a five-ten foot radius of their mate. Let alone carry their mate. I quickly get out of the mans arms and he looks quite startled.

"Luna. Your awake." He says surprised.

"Yes, but where is Black?" I ask and he gulps.

"He had a meeting." He says in a faintly squeaky voice. Hinting the fact of his lie.

"Okay. I can walk from here. Just walk me to my room please." I say and he nods and shows the way.

We reach a hall that had a set of double doors at the end and few doors along the way. The beta stops at the last door on the right, closest door to the double doors, and opens it for me. I walk in and notice my bags already there.

The room was delightful but it defiantly wasn't Black's room. Or a room he would sleep in. Maybe not ever step foot in. The walls are a warm red with golden designs. The dresser is a warm dark wood brown with dull golden handles and a pristine clear mirror that has absolutely no smudges on it.

The desk has a neat stack of blank printer paper and a nice desk top computer on it. The drawers on the side matched the desk which is a bit lighter than the dresser but not by much. The floor is a nice creamy carpet that goes over the entire room.

On the south wall, left of the door, stood two doors. The doors I figured belonged to the bathroom and closet. Between the doors is a fake warm brown fireplace with vanilla candles on it and flowers. The fireplace is running warming the room gently.

The bed is a four post queen bed with light brown sheets, matching pillowcases and a creamy duvet. The duvet was a color between the carpet and the sheets. It was extremely welcoming. On the far wall stood a pair of doors that led to a balcony that overlooked the woods.

A simple, yet beautiful, eight prong chandelier hung in the middle of the ceiling and was adjusted by a touch pad. If you held your finger on the pad it will brighten the light and once it's the brightest it will start to dim the chandelier.

I walked in and took in the beautiful sight of the room that had been prepared for me and looked at the beta. He nods before walking to the door to leave.

"What is your name beta." I ask in a gentle voice and he stops and turns to face me.

"Jayden Luna." He says and I nods dismissing him. I quickly put my clothes away and get pajamas out for bed 'cause it's late and I'm tired.

After taking a shower I get dressed for bed and go down for a quick snack. I grab an apple and a water bottle before walking back to the stairs. Twisting and turning around corners before reaching the hall that holds my bedroom door. A dark growl freezes me with the apple in front of my mouth and my foot in the air mid-step.

"What are you doing." He asks in a deadly and menacing tone. I slowly set my foot on the ground and turn to face him as if I were standing in the presence of a lion and he was about ready to make me his dinner. His eyes were black and shielded and he was clenching and unclenching his hands.

"Um. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and drink. So I got an apple and a water and now I'm going back to my room." I say looking him straight in the eyes. He takes a few deep breaths and his eyes change to their enchanted green I have yet to see till now.

"Fine. You are meeting my mother tomorrow. Wear something nice and be presentable." He says darkly and I nod. He pushes past me and walks to his door. When his hand is on the handle I speak up.