Chapter 11

"And then he fell down the fucking stairs!" Amelia laughed aloud as she told me a story about the time Liam and Harry were 'fighting' and Harry pretty much fell down the stairs. Sounds exactly like him. I rolled my head back with laughter.

"What's going on here?" Liam asked as he walked into the living room with Harry in tow.

"Amelia, are you ever going to let that story go? It's not funny anymore..." Harry smirked as he sat on the arm of the sofa.

"Oh, come on, Harry. Lighten up, embrace your clumsiness." I joked before nudging him slightly. He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Anyway," I said as I stood up. "I'm going to my room to do some writing. See you all in the morning." I smiled before leaving the room and making my way upstairs.

***

(1 hour later)

"Hey," Harry spoke as he walked into my room casually.

"Sure, come in. No need to knock or anything." I rolled my eyes.

"Cool, thanks." Harry grinned as he sat down on the opposite side of the bed.

"Can I help you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He shook his head.

Right...

"Okay, then. How was your day?" I asked, trying to make conversation, somehow.

"Not too bad. Liam and Louis got some more information on Kayne, and uh, I visited your dad." His voice got quieter and slightly more rushed towards the end of his sentence.

I almost choked. "You visited him?"

He nodded slowly. "Don't be mad."

I paused, reminding myself of what Harry told me about me seeing my parents. "I'm not, I'm just... shocked. But wait, he's in town?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

He nodded, once again.

"Surely Kayne knows, though?"

He shook his head. Is he not going to fucking speak?

"How the fuck doesn't one of the most notorious gangs in this country not know that my dad isn't in town? Please enlighten me."

Harry chuckled, "Wow, you sure know how to underestimate me." He smirked before standing up. "Anyway, I am off to bed. Good night, Ali." He spoke quietly before leaning over to kiss my forehead.

"Night." I sighed.

***

(Several hours later)

My feet patted on the marble floor as I made my way to kitchen. It was early hours of the morning, around 3am and there was a burning sensation in my throat, almost as if someone had stuck a burning hot branding iron down my throat while I was asleep.

Obviously, that didn't happen. I reminded myself.

I turned the tap on before pouring myself a glass of water.

And another.

And then, another.

Soon my throat soothed and I could finally relax.

That was, until, the window in front of me smashed and a brick came flying through.

I screamed. 

My heart was in my throat and I struggled to breathe. 

I started panicking.

I tried screaming for Harry, Liam, anyone. I tried and I tried. Even when there was someone standing right beside me, I still tried. Fear took over me and I struggled to gather my thoughts.

"Alicia?"

"Alicia, are you okay?"

Muffled voices was all I could hear.

I could feel someone trying to hold me. Were they trying to comfort me? I wasn't sure, but something finally snapped me back to reality.

"FUCK, fuck. SHIT. RUN. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. DON'T GRAB ANYTHING JUST FUCKING RUN." Louis screamed. Confusion took over us all but before I knew it, Harry was dragging my through the house. I did my best to keep up with him but my feet had been cut by the glass so I was in pain. Harry picked me up and threw me over his shoulder before running straight through the house and as far down the driveway as possible. Not too far ahead, we could see a black SUV speeding away.

And then all too suddenly, our world came crashing down.