Chapter 02

Chapter 02.

Alicia's P.O.V

 I grabbed hold of the door before opening it to reveal  a tall, dark figure, standing there but his shoulders were slouched and the defeat in his eyes was obvious.

What I could see in front of my eyes right now reminded me of when I first met him a month ago, before he showed me his true intentions.

"Hi, can I buy you a drink?" A voice spoke loudly over the music from beside me. I looked to my right to see a guy smiling slightly. 

I nodded, "Sure, vodka and coke, please." I smiled back. He looked like he'd had a rough day... or rather, a rough year. I chuckled to myself. Oh, what a wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve, I thought to myself.

"What's your name?" He looked at me intently before sliding my drink to me.

"Uh, Alicia." I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I'm Kayne." He smirked.

"Nice to meet you, Kayne. So why are you here tonight, alone?" I asked inquisitively.

He cleared his throat, "I guess I didn't want to be completely alone at midnight, you know?" He said smoothly. "What about you?"

I stifled a laugh, "I didn't come alone, actually." I sighed. "My date, he uh- he left early." I smiled awkwardly.

"Man, what a fool he is." Kayne shook his head, smiling to himself.