(NatePat) - Merry Christmas to Us...

(Short note. This is gonna be shorter than what I usually write. Snowy weather... cause snow.)

Nate...

Nate...

Nate...

Nate I'm sorry I didn't make it...

Matt picks up his handwritten letter for his passed away boyfriend.

The theorist walks up to his car. Ignoring the snow and the cold weather.

Matt takes a few deep breaths in... then out. He shouldn't be driving. But at this point, he vowed.

He had vowed to always visit his grave.

"I'm sorry Nate..." Matt whispers to himself, head on the steering wheel. The engine not even started yet.

Matt cries quietly, letting his emotions rush out of him. He takes out his handkerchief and quickly wipes his eyes dry.

"Breathe... I need to calm down..." Matt mutters. He starts the engine. Then starts to drive.

At the same time... it starts to snow as well.

~~~

He pulls over by the entrance of the cemetery. Gets out of his car.

And slams the door shut.

He walks in silence the light sheet of snow below crunching at each step.

It doesn't take him long to find his grave.

He memorized the way. Not needing to look straight ahead. Alongside the letter, he carries a bouquet of Nate's favorite flowers.

He kneels by the snow-covered grave. He places the flowers gently where they should be.

"Hey Nate... merry christmas." MatPat starts off. "It's been at least a month. Steph's at Japan right now, with Jason of course. She wouldn't go alone. She offered for me to tag along. But I just didn't feel like it."

He sighs. He wouldn't really expect a response. A flood of memories rush back to MatPat, which would quite possibly be the worst moment yet.

MatPat, who still clutches the letter in hand, starts to sob uncontrollably while muttering, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you." over and over.

He takes a deep breath in and out repeatedly. Trying to calm himself down because no one else can do it.

"I miss you. And I'm holding up better. Even if it only has been a month. And I don't expect you to see this letter... so I'll just read it put for you."

MatPat wipes his tears away. Breathes again to completely calm down. He takes the letter put of the emvelope. And begins to read.

"'Dear Nate, I miss you. And Merry Christmas. But I'm learning to move on. I miss the smiles we had. The laughter we shared. Even the small debates we had. Arguments were never an issue for us. Because we'd always find a way to resolve things. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. Like how you always were for me whenever I had a performance. I'm already out of the theater business. And remember how you said you love listening to me talk about my game theories? I'm thinking of pursuing the becoming a YouTuber thing. I wish you were here with me to do so, Mr. NateWantsToBattle. We could've supported each other all the way. Mark's channel is doing well if you wanted to know. So is Jack's. All of us here miss you, Nate. Again, I'm really sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry I just let you go through that night. I'm sorry I didn't know. I love you, Nathan Smith. From, MatPat.' I don't want to bring this letter home... it's too painful for me to do so. I'm gonna leave it here. Bye Nate... til next month."

He gets up and dust off any snow that stuck to him.

Mattew Patrick takes a final look at Nate's grave. Then shoves his chilling hands in his pocket. And walks away.

Matthew hums a Christmas song, and by the end of it he quietly whispers to himself, "Merry Christmas to me..."

--------------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Or christmas eve. Whatever time it is where yall come from.

The next two one shots were written earlier this month so yeah. Not christmassy.

Idk when im gonna update the rest of my books. Hopefully a few days from now though.

Anyways. This is the best i could give out. Sorry if it was short.

Thanks for reading!

Bye!!!

~Mack