Blue Lunchbox

"Are you sure? It's been our spot for what, two, three months now? I don't want to just stomp all over it by bringing someone new in." I argued with Louis, Pj, and Chris.

"Dan, it's gonna be great. We can't not invite your boyfriend to lunch!" Chris finished, dabbing.

Louis just about lunged for him, but let it go with a roll of her eyes.

"He's right. We should invite him to lunch. And by we I mean you. He did really help me once, when I was bleeding to death. Ya know, that one time that you kind of just let me die slowly as you talked to him, and let's not forget about-"

"Pj!" Louis interrupted, causing Peej to roll his eyes.

"And...He stood up for you! In front of Bryce!"

"Yeah, you can't stop true love!" Louis said, leaning forward with excitement. We raised an eyebrow in unison.
"I can't help that you guys are perfect for each other!!!" She laughed, then muttered, "or that I completely ship it.." We all just laughed.

"So it's decided then?" Chris  cut in, eyes shining.

"Phil is to be formally invited to lunch. Meeting adjourned." Louis solemnly ended the meeting, just in time for the bell.

----------->•<
*A few hours later*

"Hey! Phil! Wait up!" I called down the hall. Phil slowed his walk to the exit. School was out, no wonder he was leaving the building so hastily.

"Oh! Hey danosaur."

"I hate that you call me that."

"I know." I couldn't help but stare at him. His smile brought wrinkles under his eyes, but not of time passed, but of time laughed. And oh, how he had laughed so much.

"So I was wondering," I said, boldly. "Would you like to sit with me and my other friends at lunch?"

"Of course Dan! Oh, it's gonna be so much fun! I can't wait!" Excitement echoed around my body.

"Great. I will pick you up outside the lunchroom."

Phil and I waved goodbye as we turned opposite ways. I practically skipped down to the "walking home"section.