The Gray Birds

The task that was to come was simple. All Louise and I had to was get from this class, to lunch. Should be easy enough.

We have never been more wrong.

The minute the bell rung, we sprinted through the doorway. Down the hall, take a lift, keep jogging, almost ther—

"WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING, FAG!"

"Sorry, oh god, umm, so uh sorry. Uh." I tried to respond, but it seemed I was too awkward to even apologize correctly.

"It seems someone doesn't understand what I said. Watch your goddamn face, and keep out of my way. Or else." He growled. Bryce. Black hair, brown eyes, stone cold heart. Yep, that's Bryce.

"Hey, Dan we are gonna miss lunch so we better....oh. Hi Brycey Licey!" Louise said.

Don't do this Louise....

"YOU FAGS!" he screamed, shoving Louise, who immediately fell on her back. He grabbed the collar of my shirt, picking up my thin, lanky, body and slamming me against the lockers. I groaned in pain.

"You think you can just talk to me, you gay losers?" Bryce questioned. When Louise didn't answer, he moved his grip from my T-shirt to my neck. Holding me against the wall, I couldn't breathe. I couldn't scream for help. Louise got up, running toward the principles office after taking out her phone and snapping a picture.

"Now I have proof, you jerk!" She yelled as she ran. He let me drop to the floor, and I crumpled. Bryce ran after Louise. He caught up with her, punching her in the stomach, she slapped him in the face in response. He took her phone from her hand, threw it on the floor and stomped on it.

"No!" She screamed, "You little—" Bryce cut her off with a punch to the face. He walked away, laughing.

"Wanna go home?" I asked after Bryce had left.

"I just want eat lunch."

She got up, and helped me to my feet.

"Thanks." I said.

We walked, more like tripped, our way to the lunchroom.

"Are you guys okay?" Pj, one of my only friends, asked us.

"Just Bryce again." I answered.

"Oh. Sorry dude." Chris chipped in.

We get lunch and sit down at our usual table. I had studied all night long last night, and I was very tired. I started to nod off.

"Hey Bryce!" I say to my best friend.

"Hey Dan!" He replies. "What's up?"

"Oh, same old same old." I answer, lying through my teeth.

"Why are you upset?"

"I'm not!"

"It's alright." he says. I sigh.

"I think I'm-"A train honks in the distance, perfectly covering up what I said. Bryce just stares at me, eyes wide. Clearly, he had heard it.

"Please say something. Please be okay with this. Please." I said.

"What colour is it for you?" He asked.

"What?" I questioned, confused.

"WHAT COLOUR IS IT FOR YOU?" He screamed at me.

"Blue." I answer, looking away from his deep brown eyes, at the floor. His eyes closed for a minute, then he took a step forward and slapped me. I step back, wincing at the pain in my cheek.

"Bryce!" I yell, "What the fuck?"

"Get outta my face. Now. You fag." He spits. Tears flood my eyes as the world around me spins.

No. No, this can't be happening.

"Wake up Dan. Dan?" Bryce called, then I realized it wasn't him, but Louise.

"Yeah?" I answer, wiping my eyes.

"You started shaking and talking in your sleep. Are you okay?"

"I was asleep?"

I think I may change this story to present tense, as I keep typing it in present tense even though it's supposed to be I past tense. Whoops. Anyway... I am actually having a lot of fun writing these. Hold on lovelies, Phil is coming soon. Thanks for reading, my darlings.

-Namelesss