Chapter 16

I slowly spin, lifting my arms above my head. Making my fingertips touch gently and very slow. Looking at the mirror in front of me, I finally see the posture and position my teacher has been saying I need in this piece.

I smile at my reflection.

I moved my arms down, pushing my dress down a little and setting them on my sides.

I usually wear short dresses when I practice ballet because I love to see the way the fabric moves to every movement I do. The way it flows with my body.

It makes me concentrate more for some reason.

I look down at my feet as I stand on my tiptoes. I raise my right foot, connecting it to my left thigh. Slowly I began to spin and spin. My arms raising to my waist, making a circular motion around my small body.

I close my eyes, feeling the rapid air surround me. I breathe in deeply, sticking my leg out beside me. Making me go faster. My arms raising higher above my head once again.

I exhale loudly as I began to slowly stop my spinning. My arms lowering down to my sides.

"I told you, practice makes perfect"

My eyes shot open. Immediately making their way to Moose, leaning on the doorway.

"I thought you left."

"I did, I came back for my book. Have to do more work for Literature." He waves his deep red colored book in front of him.

"Ahh" I nod.

I walk towards my bag, taking out a water bottle. I chug down a few gulps.

"You've gotten good. Your spins have improved a lot." He sits down against the mirror, facing me.

I mumble a thank you to him. More like I mumbled it to myself but loud enough for him to hear.

"We're still on for dinner tonight, right?" He was scrolling through his phone.

I shake my head. "By dinner, do you mean pizza, soda, candy and popcorn with a movie?" I chuckle.

"Duh!" Excitement was all over his face and voice.

A corner of my mouth began lifting up slowly. "We're still on. Just let me pass by my place to change."

I gesture to sweaty face and body.

"Change at my place. I can let you borrow some clothes." He replied.

I nodded in agreement.

_____

I pull up the sweats Moose lend me, pulling out the string in the center, making it tighter around my hips. They surprisingly fit well. Weren't baggy but weren't too tight either, they fit just right.

I smooth out the fabric of his red t-shirt. Which surprisingly fit me great too.

I gather all my hair in one hand, grabbing the hair tie and wrapping it around into a ponytail, some strands of hair falling from the sides of my face.