Chapter 14

"So your a rogue from the Blue Moon pack?" Mr. Blackstone asked me, his curiosity showing. "I grew up there and when they fell after the attack, me and Jade became rogues." He gave me a smile and then leaned back against the couch. "You must have been very young." I mumbled "yes" under my breath and looked at Vincent. To be honest, meeting Vincent's parents was the last thing I wanted to do, but it was a step I had to take. The only thing we had been talking about this entire time was about how I was a rogue and my former pack. I excused myself to the kitchen and walked up next to Jade. "Need something to take the edge off?" She gave me a wicked smile and then pointed the bottle in her hand. I rolled my eyes and watched as she pour some in a shot glass. "Drink up, you'll feel relaxed more." She slid the glass to me and I brought it to my lips. The bitter liquid flowed down my throat and caused me to flinch. "Feel better?" She asked and slipped the bottle back into the fridge. I rolled my eyes again and sat down at the counter. I looked over to see Vincent, talking to his mother and father. "They don't understand, they're afraid." I looked back at Jade, who was looking at me from over her shoulder. "No one will ever understand Lucy, we were young, and born into a disgraceful pack, that's all they will ever see." I looked back at her and saw the frown growing on her face. I studied the look, Jade was never this upset, never this mad. She noticed me watching her and turned back towards the fridge. I still sat there and watched Vincent and his parents. They would never except a rogue like me, I doubt it. At that moment, Lily walked in, it wasn't out of the ordinary, since she always came around this time to check on Andrew. "Hey Lily." I waved to her and she walked over and sat next to me. "Not in the mood for talking much?" She looked at Vincent and his parents and then turned back to me. I shrugged and then placed my forehead against the cold counter. "All they want to talk about is my past." I closed my eyes and laid there. "They keep talking about how you are a rogue?" She said it calmly, but when she said "rogue" there was a touch of disgust and hate. I'm surprised I noticed it, due it sounding so calm. I looked at her and she looked back at me giving me a smile. I gave her a fake one. "Yea, that's all they've been talking about." I still keep my eyes on her as she got up from her seat. "Well hopefully, they'll change the subject, I'm gonna go check on Andrew, bye Luna." I gave her another fake smile and waved goodbye. However, my mind was still processing the disgust in her voice. I laid my head back in the counter, but my name was called. "Lucy care to join the conversation?" I looked over and gave, once again, another fake smile and walked over to sit on the couch next to Vincent. He looked at me and squeezed my hand, reassuring me that this probably won't go on for to long.

2 hour, 2 whole hours.

I collapsed on the bed, my mouth tired from smiling, my eyes slowly shutting, and ears bleeding due to the fascination in my past. I felt Vincent's arms around me and I turned to face him. He pulled me closer and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Night love." He said in a breathy whisper. "Night Vince." Although it sounded clear in my head, my words came out mumbled and muffled, either way I still fell into a deep sleep, loving how quiet everything was.

I sleepily woke up to have a beam of light shot in my eye. I blocked the beam of light with my hand and flipped over to my left side. I smiled when I saw Vincent still asleep. I put my hand on his cheek and saw his slight smile. I let out a soft giggle and pressed my forehead to his. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I pulled away and tried to get up, but I was pulled back to the bed. He was on top of me, pinned my arms down. "What do you think your doing?" He was smirking at me, his messy hair covering his eyes. "I'm pinning you down, what else would I be doing?" I rolled my eyes and then slipped my wrists from his grip. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He quickly joined me, our mouths moved together. A knock at the door stopped us and we both got up. He headed toward the shower, while I went into the closet to find something to wear. I finally picked out some light blue jeans and a grey tank top with a green vest jacket. I decided to leave my hair down, but I did pin up a long strand that was bothering me. I opened the door and saw a young girl. She had to be around 9 or 8, she had dirty blond hair with a big Alstromeria in it. She was wearing a red shirt and white skirt. I wonder how long it will take for it to get dirty? I was pulled from my thoughts by her sweet little voice. "One of the prisoners wishes to speak to you Luna." I heard the shower turn off and Vincent walked out wearing a ripped pair of jeans with no shirt, his abs showing. He walked past us to the closet and put on a grey t-shirt. "Um ok." I said back to the little girl, who smiled and walked downstairs. "I'll go and talk to the prisoner." He said behind me. I turned around to face him and placed my hands on my hips. "Yea, your definition of talk means torture them until they talk or bleed." I turned and walked downstairs after a groan from Vincent.